If you have a new argo, you might want to read this!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If you have a new argo, you might want to read this!

If you have a new argo, you might want to read this!

Has anyone had any problems with the front axel extensions with their new 750 HDi 8X8? I recently purchased a new argo and I found that the front 3 bolts to the front axel extensions become loose after a couple of months, these bolts should be tightened regularly or you might do some serious damage! This is for all Argos not just my 750 HDi 8X8. Argo has since corrected the problem with the factory inserts but I'm one of the unlucky one who had to find out the hard way. Keep your eye on these bolts guys!
    Last edited by Mike; 08-16-2011 at 04:48 PM. Reason: please do not completely delete your original post. It ruins the thread. Thanks.

It's in the owners manual to check these bolts during regular MAINTENANCE.

This is a weak design flaw! The plates that the inserts are attached to is very thin and can easily be pulled through even when they are tight. The plate is weak and the factory inserts are weak! Be prepared for problems in this area!

Hope you got it fixed. I had my 2010 frontier apart recently and didn't see this issue. Maybe different?

HD axles are bigger so they are probably different.
    Last edited by vader8x8; 08-16-2011 at 08:33 PM.

Thanks Vader8x8, It says in the manual to tighten these these bolts at 50 hours! I have 53 hours on my HDi and my left side inserts completely failed!

not saying your wrong but my manual says to tighten them after the intial 8 hours and then every 100

+ Reply to Thread