Secondary clutch inner sheave hitting chain??????????????

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Secondary clutch inner sheave hitting chain??????????????

Secondary clutch inner sheave hitting chain??????????????

WOW HAVE NEVER HAD THIS HAPPEN WHEN I AM DRIVING AND FULL INTO THE THROTTLE THE SECONDARY CLUTCH OPENS UP AND JUST TOUCHSES THE IDLER CHAIN THUS MAKING AND CLUNKING ON BANGING NOISE.HAS ANYBODY HEARD OF THIS???I THINK I AM JUST GOING TO USE MACHINE WASHERS AND SHIM THE SECONDARY OUT FAR ENOUGH AS TO NOT CONTACT IDLER CHAIN.DOES ANYBODY THINK TIGHTING THE SECONDARY DRIVE SPRING WILL FIX THE PROBLEM????HELP THIS IS ON MY 96 CONQUEST

I'd think it would help, are there a lot of hours on it. I've replaced worn out springs, but have not had your problem.

Machine has 600 hrs on it but both clutches are new.i shimmed the secondary with the original shim and 1 machine washer.seems better will have to test drive and report.

My conquest did the same. After I rebuilt the clutches it fixed it.

My Conquest did that after I added the higher HP engine. I figured that it was the extra power that allowed the Primary to close up more causing the Secondary to open more and hit the Idler chain.

I shimed mine out a bit too

RD

Noticed today that the bolt that holds the secondary in place is backing out??anybody loc tited theirs in place?????????

Make sure the large C-clip (on the end of the clutch, nearest to the chain/trans) that holds the clutch together has not popped off. Sometimes they come off and allow the clutch helix to push against the chain.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

Quote Originally Posted by 28560HUNTING View Post
    Noticed today that the bolt that holds the secondary in place is backing out??anybody loc tited theirs in place?????????
    Not me, mine is taken off so often that LT would be a pita. Never had it back off on me either though.

RD

no c clip never popped off,bolt just backed out

Wouldn't hurt to put a drop of Blue Locktight on

RD

+ Reply to Thread