How to remove Conquest Fuel Tank

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to remove Conquest Fuel Tank

How to remove Conquest Fuel Tank

what all has to come apart? I want to rinse it out with water to get all the dirt out. Do I need to remove it to do this?

Anyone...Anyone...Bueller....Bueller....

I'd tip it on it's side and stick a high pressure washer in it using hot water for an hour
    Slim

Kinda like an Argo enema? I have a pressure washer but it isn't hot unless I can jerry rig some kind of connection between my hot water heater flush hose connector and my pressure washer....hmmm wheels are turning now.

I did this to my 85. Not sure if it is the same setup as yours but here is what I did. On my machine there was a 4 bolts sticking out the bottom of the seat. This was attached to two metal brackets that suspended the tank below. Then unhook all the fuel lines and pull it out. I washed it out with the pressure washer and let it dry for a few days. The tank had a hole worn through it from rubbing on one of the bolts. Took it and had it plastic welded. That was it. Like I mentioned not sure if they are all the same but mine was fairly simple.

We tried to remove the tank out of an 89 Conquest, once. We were never able to get it out, and came to the conclusion that at the minimum, we would have to lift the upper body a bit to get it out.

RD

I was afraid of that RD. That is the same conclusion I came to.

i did in fact have the tank out of mine when i first bought the thing. i had to dissconect all fittings and take out the storage tray under the seat.. im thinking maybe then we slide it out the back end with a little convincing. cant really remember how but what i do remember is it wasnt all that tough. im not very patient and i did it so im sure anyone could do it. and we did not have to raise the upper tub at all to remove.. sorry i couldnt be a little more specific but its been a while. memory does not work to well these days.

+ Reply to Thread