Homemade outboard mount

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Homemade outboard mount

Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I think smokeeter's mount is removable like mine is, I thought of buying the argo mount but decided to go this way to save some money.
    You are right, it is removable from the receiver, but looks bolted through the upper body.. Mine is permanent and doesn't interfere with the receiver..

Quote Originally Posted by smokeeter View Post
    I agree but there really isn't much use for the receiver if you're using the outboard in the water. its' basically use one or the other at a time.
    Towing a tub trailer maybe??
    I wouldn't want to be removing the mount and re-installing it every time I got in or out of the water either as I use my rear receiver for my winch mount..

Here's a video clip of the mount in action, if I mount a bigger motor I'll have to bolt it to the tub at the top somehow, I'll probably do that anyway.....after I trim the vertical tube & plate not to mention paint.

+ Reply to Thread