trailer size ???

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: trailer size ???

trailer size ???

i am building a trailer for a bigfoot,

how wide should i build it? i will be running supertracks this winter.

if i put side walls on the trailer, will there be any issues with the tracks trying to climb up them and breaking?

i got a 2001 argo bigfoot and it just fits a 5' trailer with rawhide 3 tires. it's a standard 5x8 trailer and it is tight. length is no problem but i can never trailer it with tracks on due to side rails. i like the set up but the tires are right against the sides. i swapped tires to the 25x 11.5x 9 rawhides and it made no difference, still just fits. i haven't put my supertracks on yet but the argo brochure says the width is 6'. ideally i would like to have a 6' 6" wide by 8' long trailer just for the tracks but too late. luckily it fits the 8x5 trailer i got or i would have had an expensive little boo boo. everyone tells me, at least you don't have to strap it down.

6 ft 6 wide, thanks.

looks like it is going to be a flat bed. (i will let 3 inches stick out over each side)

i am pretty sure any trailer wider than 6 foot has stricter inspection regulations in nova scotia.

Sidewalls can be a good idea, but I am reminded of our trailer that had sides on it.. We were out and about and when we got back to the trailer, the argo started acting up. Had no power and couldn't amke the ramps on the trailer.. We tried for about half an hour, with no success.. We wound up having to winch the machine onto the trailer to get it back to the garage (found a pinhole in the diaphragm on the carb).. While doing so, we split the front wall on the trailer with the winch cable. After we got home, dad modified the trailer to have 6" sidewalls, not the 2' ones we had...

+ Reply to Thread