Conquest Charging Problems

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Conquest Charging Problems

Booster pack

Any carry a booster pack?
    Last edited by GreatWhite; 03-01-2013 at 11:37 AM.

I would start with the simple things like you mentioned, make sure the regulator is actually connected properly, look for loose or corroded wires, etc. If you search the engine section of this site, there are some instructions for testing the regulator. That may help but you are on the right track.

does etc. include bad battery?
    I would take a voltmeter with me. (if your machine doesn't already have one)

Did you just get this machine and the charging system is not working? if so i would find a wiring diagram and make sure everything is connected and connected properly. check the connections for corrosion, bad crimps, broken connectors. you should be able to pull on a properly crimped connection and the wire will break before before the crimp pulls off im not saying break the wire just give it a resonable tug to make sure its connected. if eventhing seems to be connected properly and is clean try this you will need a multi meter.

1. with the engine not running unplug the stator wires from the regulator and check for continuity accross the stator you should get a very small resistance if it is open your stator is crap
    2. with the engine not running check resistance from each stator lead to ground if they are open stator is fine if you get continuity stator is crap.
    3. with the engine running check the AC voltage at the stator wires DO NOT LET THEM TOUCH EACHOTHER im not sure what the voltage will be at idle your book will probally tell you probally around 13 volts and should climb as rpm increases if it does this stator is working. and you probally have a regulator rectifer problem.

any questions feel free to ask

also make sure you have battery voltage at the B+ terminal (the one that does not go to the stator) on the regulator plug with it disconnected engine not running

Thanks.
    Last edited by GreatWhite; 03-01-2013 at 11:39 AM.

CHECK YOUR GROUND WIRE. The one from the engine that ties into the - on the battery was bad on the old argo this weekend, no go.

put a new battery in the argo, clean the connectors battery and wires. hook everything up, and get a DC voltage reading (like 12 or more volts). Start the argo up and it SHOULD increase. If it dont, reve it up a bit (IN NUTRAL). If you have two wires coming off the stator, and they read some sort of AC voltage, i would march myself down to a local snow machine shop and DEMAND a 4 wire regulator/rectifire. I would hate to go up there with no parts and no plan. Worst comes to worst, i dont see why a generic 4 wire regulator/ rectifire would not work. Hook the two yellows up to the two stator wires, the black goes to ground and the red gets a 10 or 15 amp fues to the battery. Defanitly take the volt/ohm metor and the 4 wire regulator/rectifire. also, be prepared to rig up a gravity feed tank if need be to get the old girl home. It may be dangerous and sketchy, but it is better than playing dope on a rope.

good luck and good luck hunting

+ Reply to Thread