new or usead need help going to buy this week

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: new or usead need help going to buy this week

new or usead need help going to buy this week

looking at a couple 2011 frointer 8x8's one is new with skid plate, brush gaurd, winch,hitch,bildge pump $14036.00 out the door. The other 2011 frointer 8x8 165hrs,plactic tracks,skid plate, $12600.00.
    Let hear from you as I'm going to bite the bullet soon.
    Let me hear from some frointer owener good or bad

THANKS
    JIM

I'm usually all for buying used. These are worse than cars about losing value, but in this case, I would probably drop the (less than) 2K difference. 165 isn't a TON of hours on one of these machines, but with the new machine you will probably have a warranty out the door. I've seen a bunch of bearings and chains fail with less hours use than that depending on riding conditions and of course maintence.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Why a frontier? What advances does it have over the older responce/conquests? They can be had much cheaper.
    If I end up spending that much coin, I'm gonna have an avenger.
    Hey, check out this one: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/aatvs...ger-700-a.html

I think the Frontier 8x8 is the all-around best machine on the market. It totally blows away the previous model (Response, Conquest) 8x8s so we can't put them in the same comparison. The Avenger has more horsepower which is always welcome, but it comes at a cost. The Avenger is much more front heavy and floats nose low, especially with the winch and accessories on the front. The Frontier has the same driveline and lower body. Open the hood on the Frontier and you have a very simple, air cooled engine. Not much to go wrong in there with the proven Vanguard engine and it has a pull starter on top of that. The Avenger is a great machine, but the Frontier shouldn't always be over looked just because it isn't the biggest (or most expensive).

To help answer your question: People buy used vehicles when they don't want to spend the money to buy new. When you are comparing 12k to 14k, you are in the new vehicle ballpark. There is just nothing better than taking home a brand new machine. Plastic tracks are nothing great anyway, so take home the new machine and add Adair tracks if you need them in the future.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

Brandon: the frontier has the same frame as the avenger? I thought the avenger was the only one to lift the rear wheel for easy turning.

I don't know of any variations between the frames of the Frontier and non-HDI Avenger. Both vehicles have the front and rear axles 1" higher than the center axles to allow easier steering. The Avenger does come with front and rear axle bearing extensions and skid plate standard, where the Frontier has only front bearing extensions standard. That's just like the Conquest and Reponse were. There is a $2400 difference between the two vehicles (Frontier 8x8 23hp, Avenger 8x8 26hp, both carbed) in the 2011 retail prices, so there is plenty of room to work and add accessories to the Frontier.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

saw this one on craigslist in maine, not sure if its a scam, tracks are rubber in the pics might worth a shot

2011 650 frontier - $12500 (yarmouth me)

Date: 2011-08-31, 2:39PM EDT
    Reply to: sale-fgvv4-2575508304@craigslist.org

2011 argo 650 frontier about 100 hrs loaded bought new in january for 20,000 would like 12,500 . call for more info. accessories include tracks , brush guard, off road lights, canopy, motor mount, bilge pump front and rear mount winch. all black

The new one I.m looking at is close to home,just wondering if it's a good price.i live in northen saskatchewan and do some outfitting and getting tired of the damage getting done to the 4 wheels do to lots of water in the bush.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRules View Post
    I think the Frontier 8x8 is the all-around best machine on the market. It totally blows away the previous model (Response, Conquest) 8x8s so we can't put them in the same comparison. .
    Hey Max, can you enlighten us on this comment? It's not that I doubt you, it's just that I can't think of anyplace that a Frontier will go that a Responce or Conquest won't. I also don't know of anything that a Frontier will do that the older models can't do. About the only differences I can think of between the two's abilities is that the Frontier has slightly more centerline clearance under the tub, and the older Conquests and Responces are built out of stronger body material. I think they are all good machines, but in no way does one blow the others away.

RD

Quote Originally Posted by sljim View Post
    The new one I.m looking at is close to home,just wondering if it's a good price.i live in northen saskatchewan and do some outfitting and getting tired of the damage getting done to the 4 wheels do to lots of water in the bush.
    I agree with Maxrules on the prices, and the plastic track comment. Go for the new one. If you decide down the road that you NEED tracks, you can always get a set, and like mentioned, the plastic tracks are nothing to write home about, especially in the summer time.

RD

+ Reply to Thread