Is it worth it????

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is it worth it????

Is it worth it????

Looking at getting a second machine. Went yesterday and looked at a 1989 6x6 argo. Has a Tecumseh motor. The owner said that it was in great shape. When I got there and seen tha machine the body looked to be in really good shape for the year. Skid plate is not hurt...it has tracks that are in good shape and a warn 2000lb winch...He is asking $2500 for the machine.

The only problem I had with the machine it that he said that it keeps draining the battery....He is after replacing the battery several times...It now has a new battery....When I was there it started fine at first....after starting it several times it drained the battery again....as well the starter sticks out when trying to start it when the battery is low.....

Is ths machine worth the $2500 or should I stay away from it????

Finding parts to fix those old techumseh's is getting tough and expensive. The stator is a $200 part, so is the coil. If you can fix the problem cheaply it may be an ok deal, but dont sink a ton in the engine, I picked up an 18 vanguard off ebay new for $652 shipped to my door. If you sell a few parts of the old engine, its cheaper than fixing the engine.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

+ Reply to Thread