whats the fist year for conquest

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: whats the fist year for conquest

whats the fist year for conquest

found a older argo said it was a 1989 conquest could he be right on the year or is it newer will be looking at it tomorrw,anything special to look at

rd

In the other thread you were looking at buying a brand new Frontier 8x8 or a slightly used one with accessories in the 12-14k range. Now you're looking at a 1989 model?
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

I started second guessing myself, 1993 didn't feel right for some reason, so I looked into it a bit. Here is what I found:

1962 - Ontario Drive and Gear (ODG) founded in Canada. ODG developed and produced a special transmission for a 6-wheel drive, skid steer ATV -- the Amphicat.
    1967 - ODG introduced its own 6 wheel drive amphibious vehicle ... the ARGO.
    1971 - 8 wheeler Argo Introduced 440cc
    1975 - ODG switches to polyethylene as the body material for ARGO and introduces the 4-cylinder ARGO.
    1981 - ARGO 8 I/C introduced with hydraulic steering and brakes, this rapidly captured 60% of the market
    1985 - Briggs and Stratton 656cc twin cylinder I/C engine introduced.
    1987 - Argo 8 I/C redesign made this the most popular model in the Argo line-up.
    1989 - Argo 8x8 Magnum and Argo 6x6 Magnum introduced. Faster on-the-road.
    1992 - ODG marks 25 years with Argo by producing 25 silver bodied Vanguards.
    1993 - ODG introduces the first liquid cooled engine in the new ARGO CONQUEST.
    1995 - Argo 8x8 RESPONSE introduced the answer for the individual who needs eight wheel capacity at an attractive price.
    1997 - 6x6 BIGFOOT invades the market, with its extended wheelbase and 25" tyres.
    2000 - CENTAUR 8x8 Diesel launched, -mid mounted, diesel engine, unique chassis design and steering wheel control.
    2004 - ARGO 8x8 AVENGER launched. - 26hp Kohler liquid cooled petrol engine, 25" wheels and tyres with increased ground clearance.
    2006 - ARGO 6x6 FRONTIER launched. 23hp Briggs and Stratton air cooled petrol engine, 24" wheels and tyres.
    2006 - 31HP EFI AVENGER 8x8 launches. Kohler fuel injection system.
    2007 - ARGO 8x8 FRONTIER launched. A direct replacement for the Response 8x8.
    2008 - ARGO launch AVENGER 700 (26hp) and AVENGER 750 EFI (31hp) Avenger models, with new digital dashboard display.
    2009 NEW ARGO ribbed/runamuk tyres for the 25" AVENGER 700 and 750 vehicles, with redsigned triple seal axle bearings.
    2010 - AVENGER 750HDI - 31HP Kohler EFI makes this the most versatile ARGO ever.
    2011 - AVENGER 700HD - as per 750HDI

Hope this helps

RD

Checked it out today it's an 89 agro ,18hp koler,needs carb work,has steering problem do to bad brake problem was asking $5000.00 ,looks like I'll be back looking at the new one

+ Reply to Thread