Front insert problems

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Front insert problems

Front insert problems

Has anybody had any problems with front inserts with their new argo? The inserts are kind of like a nut that fasten the wheel extension to the frame ( front three bolts ). Any advice on how this problem was solved would be greatly appreciated! thanks

i have heard of one guy on here that had a problem. but i think he had a problem because he didnt follow the manufactures maintnanace schedule. mine says to retorque after the first 8 hours and then after every 100. i have 63 hours on my machine now and have not had a problem.

I have complete failure on both sides at 50 hours! ( front only ) after scheduled maintenance.

i got curious after this post and decided to go check the torque on mine the forward 3 bolts on the front bearing extensions were not at the required torque with the bottom bolts be the worst probally got a full turn on the bottom ones before they were back to required torque. this happens because the cork gaskets is relaxing and i believe it is normal but i dont think mine would have made it 100 hours without failing i will be checking these every 25 hours from now on untill i am no longer finding them loose for at least 100 hours

Check these bolts guys ( especially ) it you have the inserts, they should be checked almost every time you go out!

+ Reply to Thread