A faster machine

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A faster machine

A faster machine

well went on my first ride Sunday with other people had a great time. Since have bought my argo bigfoot I have been riding solo with my little guy. I took my wife with and and she was upset that we could not keep up with the rest of the group. so now she has the crazy idea of me trading the argo in on something else so that we can keep up on the smoother logging roads that everyone else goes fast on.

let me hear your opinion because i know mine......

mine complains too....tell her to stay at home and take the boy..LOL.. i got mine a quad so she wasnt complaining...

I have a blast in my 6by when i get it out...illl have a hard time parting with it if i ever have to.
    I have officially caught the 6-wheel-sickness!!

"If your gonna be dumb, you better be Tough!"

"I have done so much, with so little, for so long, that I'm now capable of doing practically anything with virtually nothing...."

BUY AMERICAN..or...BYE AMERICA!!!

My wife likes the argo better then the quad. So much so I had to get a second one. Now have an 8 wheel and a 6 wheel. Still got to keep the 3 and 4 wheeler. She has her things and I have my toys.....lol

You can change gear ratio's, increase engine size, put bigger tires on, take wagz advice, or just do what i do and tone her out. My wife just tried to tell me something and I even told her I didn't hear what she said because I was typing a post. Now she doesnt even remember what the blah blah blah was coming out of her mouth was. Works pretty well actually.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by mcn5085 View Post
    so now she has the crazy idea of me trading the argo in on something else so that we can keep up on the smoother logging roads that everyone else goes fast on.

let me hear your opinion because i know mine......
    I get the feeling that she is thinking of something other than an AATV. And if that's a bummer for you, that's no good. Maybe you can tweak (bigger motor) the Argo so it gets some more HP. Just because you have more power doesn't mean you'll always use it. BUT... I am biased when it comes to HP.

Bridget

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    You can change gear ratio's, increase engine size, put bigger tires on, take wagz advice, or just do what i do and tone her out. My wife just tried to tell me something and I even told her I didn't hear what she said because I was typing a post. Now she doesnt even remember what the blah blah blah was coming out of her mouth was. Works pretty well actually.
    lol..must be a western pa thing i guess..SAME Thing happens here..
    I figure...o 0 (musn't be important then!! lol..back to 6x6world..) 0 o.....
    I have officially caught the 6-wheel-sickness!!

"If your gonna be dumb, you better be Tough!"

"I have done so much, with so little, for so long, that I'm now capable of doing practically anything with virtually nothing...."

BUY AMERICAN..or...BYE AMERICA!!!

What you guys need to do is stop riding with the 4 wheelers and ride with other amphibious. We will always come up short on speed with the 6/8 wheel machines unless you have a springer which will adsorb the lumps and bumps. What you should do is find terrain that is more befitting your machines abilities and as you pass by the stuck machines(4-Wheelers) and all the people are muddy except you and your wife the advantages will soon be VERY clear. You can't beat the 4 wheelers with speed but you can do much much more.

When i first bought the Avenger that was all that i rode with until i found this site. We have great rides at Busco and other areas where the 4-wheelers will stop riding and just sit and watch our machines do things they can only think of doing. Speed is not the all that ATV make of it, All Terrain means just that...not just tearing a-- down a dirt path. Look at some of the Busco rides and ask.....will a 4-wheeler make it through that?

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by lewis View Post
    What you guys need to do is stop riding with the 4 wheelers and ride with other amphibious. We will always come up short on speed with the 6/8 wheel machines unless you have a springer...
    Hope this helps.
    Two valid points were just made.

1. Stop riding with four wheelers
    2. Get a springer. Whipper makes kits for attex, max II and max IV. If your handy mabey you can design your own kit.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

My wife likes riding a quad, so she rides her quad, I also have a quad for those "faster" rides, but usually take my Argo.

RD

I won't part with my argo. The other guys go fast, I go everywhere. If I want to go fast I take my truck.

Slim

+ Reply to Thread