2006 Argo Avenger with T20

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 Argo Avenger with T20

Coming together nicely Mike , hope to see it in action soon. Got any left overs? Going to do a build soon, pm me if you want. Jim

Today I managed to get a good deal of machine work done. I started by working on the mount for the handlebars/laterals. I spent some time getting the handlebars positioned at the right height and angle in the Argo. Then I took them out and notched them so that they fit on the tubing at the right angle for welding (I went with a 10 degree kick in on the handlebars). You can see the whole assembly that I am going to be using in this photo. The only thing I didn't get to finish was machining out a hole in the end plates for the tubing to slide through. The two outer tubes will be welded to the outer plates. Those plates will bolt to the Argo frame with a solid rod in between them that the laterals will rotate on.

I also got some machine work done on the extended popsicle stick levers for the T20. Originally I had one cut out on a laser from regular steel for mockup. Since those dimensions worked, I'm now just recreating it on the milling machine out of A2 tool steel. Once they are complete I will have them hardened. I just used a grinder to put the radius on the ends and then milled out the holes/slots.

Very nice work Mike!
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways , cigar in one hand, whiskey in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!!"

Looking good Mike!!!!!!!!
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

Congrats Mike, Looks like a nice machine. Have fun with it.

Just a simple suggestion Mike.. I would add grease fittings to the bottom of the laterals so that you can keep grease on the rod that supports the laterals. Kinda like I did on my hustler..

good idea Dan67. i had to heat my laterals in a vice with a torch to get them apart and free them up and grease the heck out of them. I did not put grease fittings but drilled holes for lube.grease fittings are the best way to go.moving parts like laterals need to be free moving or premature band wear can happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan67 View Post
    Just a simple suggestion Mike.. I would add grease fittings to the bottom of the laterals so that you can keep grease on the rod that supports the laterals. Kinda like I did on my hustler..

Very Nice Mike !! Looks great!!

With spring weather, progress on this project has slowed some but I have managed to get a few things done.

I got the laterals painted and mounted. I still need to pick up a few more bolts but the couple that I have will hold everything in place for now.

I got the T20 completely together and was able to mount it today to finalize the length of the control rods. Once the length was correct, they were welded and painted and are ready to go.

I was able to drape some #60 chain from the T20 to the sprockets to make sure the chain clears on both sides and it does. I have to buy some more #60 so I counted pins and wrote down how much I need to order.

I also checked the belt clearance after raising the motor mount and it looks like it should work fine. I will definitely be watching it once I finally start the motor up just to be sure the oscillation of the belt doesn't cause it to hit.

I just have the top plate of the motor mount tacked into place right now. I need to make a modification to it to move it 3/4" but beyond that, I decided to extend the mount about another 6" to the left from what you see in this photo to give me a place to mount the air intake/duct that I will have to build to direct air to the motor.

Mike, ur awsome with this modification. Can't wait to hear the final outcome with the steering performance.

+ Reply to Thread