conquest idler sprocket

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: conquest idler sprocket

conquest idler sprocket

ok ive read the book and cant tell are these sprockets floating on shaft or do they need to have set screw set this is the old style shaft no place for a clip i cant see any place were they were set on shaft i can line them up easy enough set screw into shaft but somewhere i read they float.also does anyone know the torque for the bolts that go through the main plate that your motor and trans mount to it also must move for chain adjustment and proper torque on 1/2 bolts is like 112 pounds which the frame will not take without binding. the book needs a scetion on torque values.and why cant the set screw on ider and shaft be never seized they want them lock tight red which is a major pain to undo. any help be great

Idler Sprockets float, just make sure you put them on the right way, or you will eat your Brake Rotor Sprockets.
    As for the hold down bolts, I just tighten them up with a 1/2dr ratchet. You have to loosen the 2 under the trans to adjust Idler Chain tension.
    Never seize on the Set Screws will just allow them to loosen off easier, I don't locktight them, just clean them good with degreaser (same with the holes they go into). sometimes they will loosen off but it's not to bad. Blue LT is an option too if you want to use it.

RD

+ Reply to Thread