avenger inner bearings seized to axle

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: avenger inner bearings seized to axle

Question avenger inner bearings seized to axle

Well help had a guy bring me his avenger for repair andd myself having a weak moment agreed to help him out. It has 3 bad bearings with all the inner bearings seized to the axle. I got 1 out so far with heat and the die grinder with a cutoff wheel. In all my conquests and magnums I never had anything like this before lots of swearing wow.Any body have a simple fix to help me out

Any axles but the fronts I unbolt inner bearing and break outer race with a hammer after covering with a rag. Then cut inner race with cutoff wheel. The fronts are very difficult to break as you don't get a good wack at them. If the HD axles are available idd cut the old ones and upgrade. It's a good thing to do. I hate to cut a good axle but there are days on a project that it dosent but a dime an hour to save it.

A 7/8 drift works well some times. Sometimes not so I like to unbolt the inner and outer flanges and set screws on sprockets and retaining bolt, pry the inner 1/2 of the inner flange over the bearing(this will need to be replaced) and slide everything outward, then loosen the setscrews on the outer bearing and tap the axle back in an inch so I can attach a 2or 3 jaw puller on entire bearing. Cover the retaining bolt hole before using the puller to save the threads, I generally use a 5/16 bolt and toss is afterwards.

I also hate to cut good axles, but there is a time limit.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Crisis solved yes lossen flanges and pry over bearing flange.Loosen outter bearing screws and drive axle in .Slide pitman arm puller over bearing hit with impact and wow off the bearing slides .
    Last edited by 28560HUNTING; 12-27-2014 at 08:39 PM.

I found that the outer bearing will usually slide on the axle.If I tap on it a bit the axle will slide inward. If I can get an inch for the puller jaws to attach I can use a puller to pull the bearing off.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by blarson; 09-15-2021 at 10:26 PM.

+ Reply to Thread