How to find model year?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to find model year?

How to find model year?

Hey All,

I just acquired an Argo Avenger 700 with 200 hours.

Pretty sure I got a hell of a deal on it. I traded it for a 2004 F150 4x4 4 door with 214000 miles on it and a dead cylinder even-up. I had it listed on Marketplace for 2950.00.

Anyways I am trying to figure out what year it is. The guy I got it from didn't know.

It used to be blue but was rattle canned Camo thus painting over everything including data and safety tags. I tried removing the paint from the tags and they all cleaned up except the one by the passenger left knee. that wiped clean and what seemed like a sticker came off with it. I'm assuming that was the Data Tag since the other stuff was weight or HOT related.

Is there a way to find that info? Thanks for any and all help.

Southwestern Ont Can about 5 miles from Lake Huron just north of the town of Goderich.
    What engine is in it? Most if not all engines will have a date code on either a tag or stamped on the engine somewhere.

It has the 26hp Kohler carb motor. I have spoken with Argo and was told to find the engine serial or transmission serial numbers. The only numbers I've found are on the transmission A4174 but I'm not sure that is a serial number. Argo said it should be on the top but this is stamped into the side. Any idea where to located the engine serial? Thanks!

I found the info I was looking for. Thanks.

It's a 2006

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread