Argo Proper Winch Instalation

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo Proper Winch Instalation

Argo Proper Winch Instalation

Could any1 please tell me how important it is to tie the winch into the frame on an argo 8x8.
    Im building a custom roll bar for it now and was thinking about this. I have a 30" peice of "C" channel on the front of the argo that surrounds the upper nd lower tub seam. it is bolted in 4 spots and ties into the main roll bar up top. if i sandwiched the upper tub with 1/4 " plate and welded the botom of the winch mount plate to the top of the c chanel ,, i wonder if this would hold ?
    the c channel has 1 1/4" tubing welded from it to the upper part of the roll bar above the windshield...
    ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS ???

My first thought is that you will tear that "C" Channel right off the front of your Argo on the first hard pull. However, I'm not sure I am properly visualizing what you are trying to do. Have you got any pics?
    Is your Roll Bar tied into the frame at all, or just bolted to the tub splitline?

I think 30" with 4 bolts is a little on the light side, might want to extend the C Channel around the front sides of the machine to where the windshield brace brackets are and mount with about 10 bolts. I'm just guessing here, all my machines have the brace to the frame.

RD

RD,

The c channel is not tied into the frame at all. BUT,,, I do believe i have come to the decision to tie the front into the frame for my own state of mind !!
    On a difrent note, , On the "throtle" side of my transmission, is a lil wet, appears to be and smells like gear oil. Any thoughts ?

B T W ,,,THANK YOU FOR ALL OF UR HELP..

Sounds like you have a leak from your tranny

Seriously though, just pull the Brake Rotor off that side and check the output shaft and the Plug Plates on that side. The output shaft seal and the Plug Plates can be replaced without too much trouble.

RD

k. thnx..
    if the black plug is leaking , , could i (for a short term fix) clean it up and put some gasket maker around it ?

If it is really just the plug, pull it out and put some Teflon tape on it. (Of course this means the fluid will drain out so be ready for that)

+ Reply to Thread