Cracked Pan

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cracked Pan

Cracked Pan

I was looking at buying an argo 8 wheel mid 80's , but it has a cracked bottom pan can it be repaired or does it have to be replaced ?[/B][/B]
    Last edited by jasonfrules; 11-22-2011 at 08:14 PM.

Cracks are usually not that bad to repair....providing they are not TOO BIG. Now for the bad news: Often you need to remove the frame to gain access for the repair.

There is a learning curve to plastic welding. I'd suggest lots of practice before trying the real thing.

Thanks for the info.. This unit was sitting for 11yrs so it might not hurt to take it apart to the frame and do a complete rebuild on it.

I'd drain the fuel out of the fuel tank, then start it up and run it till it quits. Then drain the oil from the engine. Roll it over so the bottom is up. Make sure you put some blocks under it so it doesn't damage the steering.
    You can now weld on it all you want and there is nothing in the way. Just make sure the fuel tank is dry.

Slim

+ Reply to Thread