Argo Moose hunting 2011

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Argo Moose hunting 2011

awsome again!! Dont worry about the gut pile, it is just part of the story that you tell. Anyone that goes moose hunting and dosent want to see a gut pile is in for a rude awakeining That is so cool, i dont think that argo even hesitated once. What size eingine does it have? How many hours?

26hp. 300 hrs. Nope, other than it is alittle harder to turn quickly with 1000pds behind you, I didn't even feel it behind the machine. Way nicer than a quad.........

Quote Originally Posted by DerekF View Post
    No not at all, once you have field dressed the animal there is no blood to bruise the meat. I suppose that if you dragged it for along way on dirt/gravel it would not be good but we were only a couple of kms from the camp. Plus there was tons of snow on the trail so it dragged real easy. That moose was pushing 1000 pds live and it slid so nice that I didn't really even feel it behind the Argo.
    I agree with Derek, I've pulled Moose a long ways behind Argos, and other than hair loss from contact with the ground they are fine. Wouldn't recommend dragging them through mud and water though.

I even saw a guy dragging one down the highway to his house one time...... Behind his CAR, lol.

RD

We need a "like" button on here!

Sounds like a good hunting trip! Bet you'll be checking the quality (and type) of your fuel in the jerry cans in the future! lol..

Mine did a good job of draggin out my moose this fall too, but he was "full"... Took him to the road, dressed him and loaded him in the truck..

+ Reply to Thread