track choice

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: track choice

track choice

I can pick up a set of what looks like lightly used supertracks for 950.00 without spacers or wait and put that on adair tracks. Only going to be using the argo 2-3 times a year mostly during the winter. tough choice

i have the argo supertracks with ice picks, love them for the winter, also work great with the blade on when plowing snow
    mud and ice

Bare,
    I really can't comment on this use of Supertracks in winter, there are a lot of Forum members who have a lot more experience at that than me, but if you you plan on running that machine with tracks in the spring, fall and summer, or if you plan to run in swamps, mud or places that no other machine can go I would say Adair tracks are the ticket. I'm not sure what type of machine you have but an Argo 6x6 or 8x8 with Adair tracks will make your machine almost unstoppable. As far as the Adair tracks in winter I would tell you to ask Rock Doc who has a set on one of his machines. The videos he posted show the good and bad of both types of tracks.
    In non snow conditions the Adair tracks have no equal, they are easy on the machine, turn well and will take you through mud and swamp conditions that will leave every other Argo around you stuck. I would invite you to check out any number of videos posted by several forum members of machines equipped with Adair tracks or comments by members who use them on their machines

ive got 13" tracks on my argo.suckers will keep machine up on snow real good.used it last winter on at least 3 ft of snow you couldnt walk on.

Had supertracks for years,used almost exclusively in the winter with cleats and studded,sometimes in the very early spring,worked fine at 950. dollars you will be happy,if you plan on mud bogging in bottomless soup save your money and cash in your bottles and take Dans advice. Cheers N.C.T

For 2-3 trips per yr, mostly winter?

I'm with NCT on this one. Jump on those Supertracks, or look at the homemade tracks that member "smog" put together.

For summer or muddy/muskegy conditions, you might want to look at other options, like mightymax mentioned.
    RD

Do these look to be in good shape? I think for now until I start riding more in the summer I may go with these for the cost. I think I can make it in the summer with just tires.I guess if nothing else I could get my money back out of them.
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink
    Last edited by BARE; 12-25-2011 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BARE View Post
    Do these look to be in good shape? I think for now until I start riding more in the summer I may go with these for the cost. I think I can make it in the summer with just tires.I guess if nothing else I could get my money back out of them.
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink
    Look fine to me and even the new style,all plastic tracks get scraped and gouged up it actually helps on the slippery stuff.

+ Reply to Thread