8x8 ARGO CONQUEST

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 8x8 ARGO CONQUEST

8x8 ARGO CONQUEST

I just purchased a 2001 Argo 8x8 Conquest. I know nothing about Argos, I have never owned one or driven one. The one I just purchased has 33 hours on it and comes with two sets of tires. The factory goodyears are loose and it has Scorpion tires on it now. It has no windsheild, roll bars, winch, or bildge pump. Do I need to purchase any of these things? I am a duck hunter and I purchased a Ranger at the start of the season. Most of my hunting is done in rice fields and I spend 1/2 my time getting the ranger unstuck so I purchased the Argo. I live in Houston Texas. Any and all advise would be great.

Welcome to the site. If you are going to be in any amount of water at all you will want to use tires that swim (propel you forward). For the windshield and roll bar, that is more of a personal preference. I would invest in a winch as it will make your life easier if you get stuck. A bilge pump is a good investment as well. As cheap as they are, I would put one in.

Where should I go to purchasenthis material at the best price? What kind of winch do I need?

Quote Originally Posted by crowhater View Post
    Where should I go to purchasenthis material at the best price? What kind of winch do I need?
    Welcome to the site crowhater....

There are many places you can find things you are looking for....you can check out point west argo or beaver dam argo as places that sell new part....you can also look in the parts for sale on the forum or even post in the wanted section....if you ask someone most likely has it and may be willing to part with some things....good luck in your search and happy hunting...

guyfox

Thanks for the help. I have no paper work on my Argo so I have no idea what it needs as far as oil or maintenance. If I buy one of those Argo CDs off eBay will it tell me all I need to know?

Quote Originally Posted by crowhater View Post
    Thanks for the help. I have no paper work on my Argo so I have no idea what it needs as far as oil or maintenance. If I buy one of those Argo CDs off eBay will it tell me all I need to know?
    PM me your e mail and I can e mail you the parts manual and an operators manual.....you could search beaverdamargo.com and search for the manuals as well if you want...

Welcome aboard.

There is a wealth of information here. Yes, hit up beaverdamargo for your manuals for free. You'll find service, parts, and engine.

Bilge pump and winch sound like a good idea. Windshield is up to you. I ice fish with mine and really like the windshield to cut the cold wind.

If I were thinking duck hunting in rice fields, (these are really muddy, right?) I would seriously be saving my pennies for a set of Adair tracks. Upper right search - type in "adair tracks" - you'll see.

And I suspect that now that I mentioned it, video will just show up...

+ Reply to Thread