Need help for electric problem on a Centaur

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help for electric problem on a Centaur

Need help for electric problem on a Centaur

Hi, I recently bought a 2000 Centaur without the VDO working but RPM ok. After a few tests I found the VDO would be dead. I don't have the electric diagram of this machine. I have almost all the manuals without the diagram. Is there a place where I could find that? Do they exist?
    I Could replace the RPM/VDO meter but I need to know where the wiring for the RPM comes from. The ignition or the alternator?
    I would appreciate any help

The tach signal comes from the alternator There should be a singe small wire plugged into back of alternator providing the signal check to make sure the wire did not come unplugged. I broke a alt belt and tach stopped working I not know when my belt needs tensioning as my tach will jump a little bit

Thank's it's the info I needed. My RPM works fine it's my VDO (hour meter) who's dead. I want to change it but I'll try to find an OEM cause from Argo it's $370. Replacement parts seem pricy for these toys

Hey Centaur928, you can find the Centaur service manual here and it has the electrical schematic:
    Argo Centaur 8x8 Manuals

Running the hour meter off rpm signal is great but you can always grab a discount one and run it off any switched power lead. You can find them cheaper but here's the McMaster-Carr selection.
    McMaster-Carr

Thank's a lot. I did download the huge manual of 450 pages but did'nt look at it very well. After I did I found on page 106 that the tachometer would be driven from the ignition module and not from alternator for gasoline engine??
    I prefer to replace the whole unit cause if ever I want to sell it one day it will look more serious to look at the hourmeter than the previous owners sayings.

+ Reply to Thread