New guy question, will I get stuck fishing ??

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New guy question, will I get stuck fishing ??

New guy question, will I get stuck fishing ??

Hello Guys: Long time lurker here. I would like to be able to drive thru my swamp (medium wet) and into a connecting large pond to go fishing with my kids (60&110 lbs + me 240 lbs) with a argo 8 wheeler (Im shopping still for model) Ive read on here some where that the edge of swamp watery type muck/silt is a problem. Thats the condition I have prior to getting into the floatable water. It about 3 to 10" of water over this silty loss stuff that if you walked in would probably sink your feet in about 10-13". Its really not even mud, Im sure some of guys know what this stuff is and if its a problem.

The rest of the pond perimeter is in the city limits so I cant get in anywhere but my own land.

OK, so say I make it through the watery silt area. There are some weed free areas from end to end of the pond but the rest of it gets weeded up pretty fast in the summer. When in float mode, will I get stuck in the weeds?

Last one, am I nuts to think I can fish outa this thing with 2 kids and not be too tippy.

Thanks for your time to look at this and explain to a nube.

**The machine Im looking/considering is a used hdi 8 wheeler. Some W/Tracks some without.

Id get one with tracks..Even if you gotta get one W/O them, then buy the tracks at a diff time. The tracks from what i've seen, make or break the situation. There's a member on here who's selling his argo 8x8 right now. he wants 5500 bucks for it? Look it up on here, it oughta be rather new post. Looks to be in great shape, and has fairly low hours also. Might be right up your alley!

Just my 2 pennies on the thought..

-WagZ-
    I have officially caught the 6-wheel-sickness!!

"If your gonna be dumb, you better be Tough!"

"I have done so much, with so little, for so long, that I'm now capable of doing practically anything with virtually nothing...."

BUY AMERICAN..or...BYE AMERICA!!!

I'd say leave the kids at home and make sure you have a winch and tall boots.
    Or better find a member near you and take them fishing .

its all about experence and knowing what the machene will do. i would find someone near you and see if you can get a ride in thears to see if it is capible.
    i personally would try just about any thing with my 6x6 and have rarely been stuck,I do have a winch if things get sticky.
    Kevin Hough
    TREBMASTER
    (____>
    .OOO

Quote Originally Posted by mustangwagz View Post
    Id get one with tracks..Even if you gotta get one W/O them, then buy the tracks at a diff time. The tracks from what i've seen, make or break the situation. There's a member on here who's selling his argo 8x8 right now. he wants 5500 bucks for it? Look it up on here, it oughta be rather new post. Looks to be in great shape, and has fairly low hours also. Might be right up your alley!

Just my 2 pennies on the thought..

-WagZ-

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/aatvs...-200hours.html

+ Reply to Thread