Well it happened. Got the Argo Stuck Tonight

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Well it happened. Got the Argo Stuck Tonight

winch on the front, 100 feet of rope and a set of cheap come-a-longs in the back for going the other way!!
    i only needed them twice, but their some ****in handy when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by madmac View Post
    winch on the front, 100 feet of rope and a set of cheap come-a-longs in the back for going the other way!!
    i only needed them twice, but their some ****in handy when needed.
    There is also a rear winch mounting accessory that you can get.. Comes with the wiring harness and mounts in the receiver.. 2 pins and you are swapped..

I installed my ARGO winch mount kit that came with no instructions, 6 bolts, 4 nuts, and 20 washers. The 6 long bolts are worthless and the two short bolts are worthless. So after getting the correct bolts in stainless and chasing the frame holes with a Tap I installed the winch mount. My new winch is 3500# with a synthetic rope and should arrive next week. I also purchased a gallon of green slime for my tires. I need to sell the 8 new tires that came on my argo so I can apply that cash to a set of tracks.

crowhater welcome to the club,go out get stuck get wiser,then go out get stupid get stuck again gain more wisdom,put on more or bigger tires go back out and get stuck big time winch yourself out have a couple of pop,s and laugh,then go back home and take what Dan Edwards says to heart buy tracks,its a vicious but fun circle,and that argo rep is a idiot them trannys will take alot more horse no issue.Cheers N.C.T

getting stuck sucks after 30 yrs of off road equipment moving i am way over it.the rope deal i think goes back to ww 2 i seem to rember reading about it.but i have seen stuff that had a cat head mounted to the axle just for that reason.i too am adding a second winch to the back. mine will pull the pin chuck it in the back and go the promblem i see is my stock conquesr brush guard really dont leave room to do this.

Would you be able to send me some photos of your winch kit installation please? I am considering getting one as well and am curious how does it mount.. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zflyboy View Post
    Would you be able to send me some photos of your winch kit installation please? I am considering getting one as well and am curious how does it mount.. Thanks
    I did not take any pictures but is is pretty strait forward. If you need any help send me a PM with your number and I will call you.

The loop will go in through the top engine compartment but before you do any thing you should make sure that your bolts will hand screw into the threaded bolt holes!!!!!!! I chased my holes with a Tap. Put the bolts into the loop on the drivers side first because they are the hardest to get to but leve them loose. The bar is not going to line up with the holes so you want to get the hard to reach side started first then go to the easy side so you can pull the bar open and line up the holes. Once the bar is started I put the inside front plate in place and held it to the front inside with some "dog leg vice grips". I then heated up a screw driver and pushed it through the plastic to mark the holes so I would know where to drill. Once the holes are drilled I removed the clamp and bolted the outside plate to the inside plate and tightened up all of the bolts including the ones that hold the hoop to the frame. I was not impressed with the fit, lack of instructions, or the hardware kit for the price they charge for the kit.

+ Reply to Thread