Outboard engine weight

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Outboard engine weight

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Ayers View Post
    Sounds as though the factory bracket is made for a long shaft. I have a 6hp short shaft. A mod will take care of that.
    Thats the deal,made no sense to me as everyone has a short shaft(no pun intended) thats why I made my trolling plate deal see my gallery since Iam to simple to post on a thread.LOL N.C.T
    Last edited by North Country Tough; 01-30-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by North Country Tough View Post
    Thats the deal,made know sense to me as everyone has a short shaft(no pun intended) thats why I made my trolling plate deal see my gallery since Iam to simple to post on a thread.LOL N.C.T
    I won't have the Argo for 2 or 3 months but from the pic. I have of the motor mount looks to e very high from where the water line would be. I agree that most small older outboards which mine is are short shaft. I'm thinking that I can just lower the entire mount to make it work. As long as the tiller handle clears the back of the body it should work. Someone ask about a 20 to 30 hp motor under 100lbs. I don't think there are any in that hp range that are under 125lbs. at best.

Tom.

I have a 6 horse johnson short shaft mounted on a home made bracket that slides in to the trailer hitch mount but also has an angle iron that sits on top of the body seam with 2 3/8 inch bolts through the body seam to support the top of the mount . the motor sits low and will only cavitate if i am trying to break a speed record. I also use an electric trolling motor that I plug in to the winch electrical conector ( recomend Idling the argo to charge the batery for long hauls). I prefer the trolling motor for most adventures.
    steve.

+ Reply to Thread