Argocat help ignition wiring/chains and bearings

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Argocat help ignition wiring/chains and bearings

I recently bought a new-to-me 2000 Conquest 8x8. I called Ken Bost, my local Argo Dealer, and he talked allot to me about how to service my Argo. For the transmission, 80W90 Gear Lube, about 3/4 of a quart. Pay attention to the level on the dipstick and do not over fill. Outer bearings and the idler bearings are the same, UC206-20. Inner Bearings are UC205-16. I have not had the pleasure of replacing any of the inner bearings, but for the outer bearings Rock Doctor did an excellent how to video available in the "How to Articles > General" section on the front page.

For argo tyres, try Allterraintryes.co.uk Deestone 930 22/11/8 4 ply.
    Good luck withthe Magnum, its the best Argo ever made, will last a lifetime and is very easy to maintain.

thanks for the tyre site. is there somewhere like that for chains and parts etc in the uk?
    also what is the servicable thickness of the brake pads?
    are there any other type of brake pads people like to use ie motorbike, small car as the dealer wants £40 and i would rather spend it on better tyres and servicing the engine.

I get my spares from Richard Walsh, wwwargocat.com,but there are others, another dealer in Carlisle I beleive, Richard is very helpful with any questions. Re your question on brake pads, I dont know if there is another machine using them or not.

ok its just that the pads looked a bit thin but we were not sure if they are supposed to be quite thin compared to a something like a car.

Need changing at approx 3mm,but better to change them if they are looking used, they are an essential part of the works ecpecially when your coming down a steep hill !!!!!!!!

thanks.
    coiuld anyone tell me where the oil filter is as i have looked at the manual and its not where it says it is.
    also whats the maximum wheel size on the magnum?

Oil filter is at front of engine on a Magnum 18, diufficult to get at and diufficult to see, needs an oil filter wrench of some sort to take off. When changing oil use a syphon through the dipstick.
    Cant say what the max tyre size is,but I shoe with 22x11x8.

thanks well take a look tomorrow.
    as for the oil we found a drain for it near the bottom.
    in fact i think the only real trouble we had was with some of the bearings which in the end we had to cut one off with the gas axe.

well we were replacing some of the chains today! and i also added a few pictures of the tub floor before and after.
    floor before

after

the chains just to show the bend and the straetch in the old ones compared to new

also one of the bearings that just did not want to come off....

(dont worry we put damp cardboard underneath to stop any melting with the tub)

+ Reply to Thread