Argocat help ignition wiring/chains and bearings

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Argocat help ignition wiring/chains and bearings

we managed to get it running reliably now and after taking it into the forest we noticed that it was running too rich how do we lean it off?(i can only find one screw and thats beside the bolts to the manifold.
    also when we go up hills it seems to stall slightly, give a puff of black smoke and then climbs again, is this something i can fix?
    been having great fun but my dad sems to think its a land rover and tries to go down sheer drops...it stuck in the ground like a tent-peg and threw him over the windsheild...well i suppose argos dont fly but he can!

Pull the spark plugs and see if one or both are soaked with fuel.

we did, we cleaned both before this happened

You need to look at them again after you drive it a bit.

we checked them a few times as we also thought that that was the problem but although it has been doing it less after cleaning it doesnt seem to be the plugs. we are replacing them soon though as we are getting some misfire but im still not sure about the black smoke.
    also did anyone know how to make it run leaner?

Magnums are fairly greedy when it comes to spark plugs, replace them soon as and dont expect them to last a lifetime,they wont. Also have you checked that the choke is operating properly,ie fully opening. If garaged the magnum should not require the use of the choke. The Kohler magnum service manaual can be easily downloaded. Good to hear that you are enjoying the machine; best all terrain vehicle ever made.

the choke is working fine choke is fully opening had another footer with the engine and new plugs are ordered.
    had another go in it today its performance on hills etc is definately improving and its pulling its way up pretty much everything now!
    still fine tuning the engine and also my driving is improving! not as jerky on the sticks anymore!

+ Reply to Thread