cant get clutch nut off!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cant get clutch nut off!

cant get clutch nut off!

Trying to remove the clutch on my magnum but the nut on the end doesn't want to come off. Does anyone have any tips on securing the clutch from spinning? I assume it is normal thread and not opposite?

Thanks!

I use a band clamp to hold of and a hammer to tap the ratchet to release the nut. a case of beer is helpful to ease the frustration.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

I am asuming that your removing the engine clutch? Some Argo magnums with the kohler had a threaded crankshafts and the whole clutch unscrews. To get this type off or break the mount bolt loose on one I use the rope trick. Pull one sparkplug and feed about two feet of pencil sized rope into the cylinder and rotate the engine til its locked. Break the clutch loose and roll engine back to remove the rope. The threaded clutches were right hand thread also. Hope this helps.

Impact wrench works great for getting nut/bolts loose on things that can spin. Like a clutch for instance, lol. If you dont have one a ratchet with a quick whack of a hammer a few times works. Just make sure you are going the right direction.

its all good now! was just very tight, just needed the cap off to grease the inside which will hopefully sort out the problem of power loss when trying to brake

+ Reply to Thread