question about the brakes

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: question about the brakes

question about the brakes

how much pull on the handle should you have before the disc stops spinning? how do you adjust the brakes to where they are tighter or less pull on the handles?

My Bazooo has compression springs on the rods that are adjustable so I can change the force required to stop.
    I thought the Argos had hydraulic calipers for brakes.
    I'm sure someone with an Argo like yours will help.

I had a 99 model vanguard 2 and if u took the firewall out if I remember wright about half way down your sticks there was what looked like a bolt that pushed in when u pulled back. I think there was a jam nut and then u could move the bolt out more so it would hit the brakes sooner. I sold it to my cousin in 2009 when I bought my max so it's kind of fuzzy.

What year argo do you have. The old ones had manual brakes with with a 9/16 nut on a long bolt down at the bottom of the handles for the adjustment. The newer ones have hydralic brakes and usually don't need any adjustment.

If you have oil or grease on the brake pads, you're going to have to pull hard.

Slim

Quote Originally Posted by swamp donkey View Post
    I had a 99 model vanguard 2 and if u took the firewall out if I remember wright about half way down your sticks there was what looked like a bolt that pushed in when u pulled back. I think there was a jam nut and then u could move the bolt out more so it would hit the brakes sooner. I sold it to my cousin in 2009 when I bought my max so it's kind of fuzzy.
    For the Hydraulic Brakes,

+ Reply to Thread