Can you put an Admiarl tranny in a 96 argo

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can you put an Admiarl tranny in a 96 argo

Can you put an Admiarl tranny in a 96 argo

I was wondering if I could put an admiarl tranny in my 96 argo bigfoot?
    And if its possible where can I find a admiarl tranny for a good price

You probably will not see any "Spare" Admirals for several years. The only place that will sale one would be Argo. Generally when one is destroyed it is sent back to Argo and a replacement is sent in it's place. Rock Doctor has seen several of these at his location. On this end of town we have had great luck with them and have none for spares. Contact Argo, but it will not be cheap. I would stick with the original for right now. Just my opinion.

A new Admiral trans from ODG cost $3,999- $4,999 I heard?
    Last edited by mudbug3; 02-04-2012 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob 6x6 View Post
    I was wondering if I could put an admiarl tranny in my 96 argo bigfoot?
    And if its possible where can I find a admiarl tranny for a good price
    Why would you want to,nothing wrong with the tranny they put in the BF your gains for the money and hassle to install one would be small at best.JMO N.C.T

I just wanted one cause they say they dont lose power when you are turning but at that price no way just gona stick with what I have

Jacob 6x6

With the new admiral steering transmission its like power steering when compared to the older argo open differential. You can make turns in thick mud with out loosing traction, and this can't be said when using the older style argo transmssion. I have an Argo Frontier 6x6 with the admiral transmission in it and I can go places a whole lot easier than my friend can in his 2008 Argo 6x6 that has the older style transmission in it. He has also told me that himself after switching vehicles with me. With all of the wheels turning at the same time, plus being able to counter rotate in low gear, making turns in thick mud takes a lot less effort from the driver when compared to a machine that uses brakes to turn.

yep thats what i have heard. Man i would love to have one just very pricey.

you would be better off investing in more HP for the BF. A 35 hp small block Vanguard in a BF is a game changer. alternately you can install a T20 with that 35hp and you would have a machine that would faster and have the same traction as new argo 6x6. you could split shift the T20 and have true counter rotation. But if I had the money for an New Avenger I'd buy one.
    Acta non verba

With the 35hp can I still run the stock tranny or is that too much on it cuz putting a t20 seems like alot of work

Get a bandolero engine, it's a direct replacement for the 16hp-23hp vanguard engines

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandolero_racing

you will have a lot more fun with an unleashed engine putting 29hp @ 5500 rpm.

best of all, a brand new Briggs and stratton racing engine made in japan is around 1500$

You should also do the clutching mods on your bigfoot (RockDoctor made a video about it)

...and consider readjusting your engine governor before changing it.
    Last edited by smog; 02-06-2012 at 12:40 PM.
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

+ Reply to Thread