Winter Ride, Conquests on Tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Winter Ride, Conquests on Tracks

Very nice vids RD. Wish we had some better snow here in Colorado. The mountains are pretty dry this year. Denver has been getting more snow than the hills! You sure do live in Argo country. Thanks again for the vids.

Yes John, both sets of tracks are 18" (I think the Adair's might be 18.5" but close enough)

Quote Originally Posted by trevorakm1 View Post
    great videos rd. your daughters handle them well. i like the rack you got on the back, looks beefy, is it easily removed? it's got me thinking. do you have any sort of cleats on the super tracks? i haven't tried mine yet, lack of snow, but i'm always debating getting rid of mine and just getting the adiar tracks and leave them on permanently. one of the positives of the tracks from what others have said is that they also tend to smooth out the ride somewhat. i'm convinced of the capabilitys of the adairs plus the swimming, all good. watching the super tracked argo going up the hill and struggling to some extent is the reason i ask about the cleats, would they have made that much of a difference in that snow condition or was it lack of driver experience?
    The rear rack is 1"x2" Tube, mostly, with Angle Iron around the Splitline. Very "Overkill" in my opinion, but it has never failed me yet. I could remove it, it's just bolts through the splitline of the machine holding it on. Super strong though, I've hauled some wicked loads on it (22 sheets of OSB Plywood, Quads, Piles of Lumber, ect)
    The supertracks have 3/8"x2" Bolts through the Cleat mounting holes, but no Cleats. The bolts help on hardpack and on ice (not too much grip, but enough). They don't help in the powder though. Like I said, I think the crystly snow was acting like "marbles" under the Supertracks, and with no "paddles" on them, the tracks spin very easy without moving much material. It's also "harder" to follow a fresh set of tracks up a hill. If the snow had had a chance to "set-up", even for just a few minutes, the second machine would not have spun so much. The machine I was driving, with the Adair Tracks, had it easy, first one up, and paddles and cleats for traction. It was once mentioned to me that the Adair Tracks have a "Cheese Grater" effect on the snow. Supertracks like snow with some "substance" to it, be that "undisturbed snow" or damp snow, drifted, or heavy snow. So, couple all that up with the fact that she's 8yrs old, I think that's why the Supertracks seemd to have a tougher time on that hill
    The Adair Tracks will smooth the ride in some conditions, but at the same time, you will probably be running higher tire pressure with the tracks on which will make the ride rougher in other conditions.
    I have not had enough time on the snow, and definatly no time with the Adair tracks in the mud/muskeg to say great things about the Adairs yet. I will say that So far, I like them, and have had no bad experiences with them.
    For me, I don't know if I want to "put them on and leave them". The Standard Width are not wide enough for winter, and I think the wider version might be too wide in the summer. I'm going to give the wide tracks a try this spring/summer, but I suspect I will be putting the skinny spacers back in. I also wonder what the wider spacers might do to the water performance of the tracks? Might effect the performance of the aggressive "side profile" of the tracks?

Quote Originally Posted by DanDANthefisherman View Post
    Very nice vids RD. Wish we had some better snow here in Colorado. The mountains are pretty dry this year. Denver has been getting more snow than the hills! You sure do live in Argo country. Thanks again for the vids.
    Hey Dan, despite how it looks, it's actually pretty dry here too this winter. Not very much snow in the mountians. I suspect that the rivers will be running low this summer.
    Glad you liked the clips

RD

very cool videos once again RD.YOUR KIDS ARE AWESOME!most adults will never experience what yours girls have done in just one of those clips.

keep 'em coming bud.

+ Reply to Thread