Conquest not charging

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Conquest not charging

Conquest not charging

My conquest is not charging the battery, before I start getting into the machine is there a common fault? At idle the red light comes on but with the throttle opened up the v/m shows it is charging. I have fitted a new battery at the start of the year.

Cheers rory

How much riding are you doing above idle? A lot of the small engines have regulators designed to charge at higher RPM but depending on how and where you ride, you may spend a lot of time idling which won't charge the battery. Also, what motor do you have?

What happens to the v/m idling with the lights on?

It's all slow riding, maybe 5 mph max, it's a Kawasaki 20hp

I will see what the volt meter shows when I put the lights on. Cheers rory

When I rrev the v/m shows 14v

When I turn the lights on it drops to 13v

Rory

Your new battery is bad.

[edit] Well, it could also be really bad connections at the battery, but I assume you've checked that.

Yes connections are all good.

I will see if I can get the battery checked this week

How do you know that it isn't charging? If, after a day of riding, you shut it off and right then it won't spin the starter, then okay, it isn't charging. But if you are parking it and coming back awhile later (day/week/whatever) and it isn't starting then that could mean you have a short somewhere.

You also could have an erroneous voltmeter.

I'm still guessing bad battery.

The v/m light comes on and sits at 12v till i give it throttle. After around 2 weeks Of fitting the new battery I went to start the machine and it would not turn over. The journeys I do are very short. Maybe it is not getting enough of a run to properly charge. I will investigate tomorrow.

Please bare with me, my background is mechanical.

Appreciate the help

if it sat for two weeks could there be a something drawing current while not running? Fan? Radio? Light? Some other accessory?

+ Reply to Thread