The Newbe

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Newbe

The Newbe

Thanks for having me! I have a 1996 vanguard with about 1150 hours on it. My primary use is in my tammarack swamp hauling in tree stands and packing out our protein supply. I have a winch and 13" plastic tracks, and has served me well. In all the hours on this thing, the only time I had to (walk out of the swamp) was when I blew a belt. I guess if you cut me I would bleed argo! Am I pushing things to much to ask for your help on my first thread? I'm looking to upgrade to a 1997 conquest but not sure what tracks to put on it. It's either the adair track in16" or 18" or argo super tracks. I cut lanes thru the alder brush and left (alder stubble) about a foot high, lots of floating cattail bog, blowdowns, and 2' high hummocks that like to high center me. We have snow, but not the deep stuff. Any help on the tracks, or suggestions on which argo might work better please let me know. My only concern is manuvering around going from 6 to 8 wheels. Oh yeh, what does hydralic steering feel like? Thanks

I can't answer your question about tracks but for going from 6 to 8 wheels, there isn't a lot of a difference in the way that it handles. Just a little more hanging out back that you have to watch out for when you turn near obstacles. The Argo will still pivot in about the same place so imagine adding another 25" to the rear of your vanguard and that's about what you will experience.

Thanks Mike

+ Reply to Thread