Exhaust on my argo

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust on my argo

Exhaust on my argo

Can I run my exhaust down the side and out the back of my argo? If so will it melt anything or do I wrap it with exhaust heat wrap has anyone done this or have any pics of one

I've seen a pic of one that was done, but can not seem to find it. I THINK the guy wrapped the pipe with heat tape, kinda like the stuff used on motorcycle exhaust.

RD

I know I saw it one time too just cant find it now and I would like to know if it works good and puts more of the noise out the back

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob 6x6 View Post
    Can I run my exhaust down the side and out the back of my argo? If so will it melt anything or do I wrap it with exhaust heat wrap has anyone done this or have any pics of one
    Roger's argo exhaust ran down side (inside the body) and out the back. It was wraped all the way. I don't know of any pics. Cougar
    2011 MUDD OX KUBOTA TURBO DIESEL

Cougar is right, 6X6World member Roger S, who was a great guy that was always there to help us out, did it on his Argo 8x8. Unfortunately Roger passed away and is no longer with us. R.I.P. Roger, we all miss you. Here's his photo gallery:

Roger S Gallery - Amphibious ATV Pictures

Roger knew a ton about getting more power out of the V twin 4 stroke engines, but I can't remember offhand what he said about the long pipe going down the side of the Argo did as far as performance goes.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I'm working on my buddies 8x8 and it looks like the exhaust went out the back. At least there is about a 2 inch hole in the top half of the tub left rear corner with the plastic sort of deformed from heat but no real damage anywhere else.

I think Roger double lined(pipe in a pipe with a divider insulation and a total wrap of the outer pipe) the exhaust down the side of the body. We had discussed this some time before he passed. It has been a while since this subject has came up.

I think this would be s great mod on an argo it seems I get a lot of fumes coming into my cab when my top is up and I have the front side window open thanks for bringing this modification up
    Nick
    99 Argo Conquest.....ERIE icefishing machine

you may end up with more fumes running the exhaust out the back if you use a windshield due to back draft. I had to run with a rear window to kill the back draft on my Hustler after I added a windshield . Eventually I removed the windshield.
    Acta non verba

Yes I guess that is definetly possible also. Thanks
    99 Argo Conquest.....ERIE icefishing machine

+ Reply to Thread