saying goodbye to an old friend

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: saying goodbye to an old friend

saying goodbye to an old friend

Well, I kissed my 96 vanguard goodbye, and sent her up the ramp of someone elses trailer. She runs like a champ, but with 1140 hours on her I thought it was time. Someone once told me that buying the best only hurts once, so I found a 2011 750 HDi EFI with 47 hours on it. We swapped out the argo skins, and put on a matched set of rawhide 111's , and a set of 18 1/2" adair tracks. Next was a 4500 lb. winch with the longer spool, and 100' of synthetic, (red). Brushguard, offroad LED lights, bilge, mud flaps, and a really cool drop in tub liner in the back completes the build. Should have in a couple days. I will post a pic. I would like to thank all the heads I picked the last 2 weeks, Tim, Taber, Fritz, Ken and Chris. Thanks again.

Congrats, sounds like a nice rig. Looking forward to a few pics. Where did you find the winch with a 100' spool?

RD

Can't watt for the pics

long spool

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    Congrats, sounds like a nice rig. Looking forward to a few pics. Where did you find the winch with a 100' spool?

RD
    Thanks doc, looking foward to the new rig, and the tranny setup. Tim from adair argo is setting it up for me, and he builds his own winches, and asked how I would like it, wow! Also, the higher lb.winch actually uses less power to run. No brainer there. I had the pleasure to spend time with him in person, and we talked for hours, mostly about improving his tracks, Tim is one smart cookie. I see you run the adair track too.(Love your videos) what do you think of them so far? Take care, Doug

Thanks Doc, looking forward to it, and the new tranny setup. Tim from adair argo is setting up the machine for me, and he also builds his own winches, and asked how how I would like it, wow! Also the higher lb. winch uses less power to run, no brainer there. I had the pleasure of meeting him in person, and we talked for hours, about cool new ideas he has, and improving his tracks. Tim is one smart cookie. I see you run his tracks and tunners, what do you think so far? (love your videos)Take care ,Doug

I didn't know Tim did that, thanks for the info.
    As for the tracks, I like them so far. Winter use only to date, really looking forward to trying them in the muskeg this summer.
    The tuners are also working great, although I don't think they are really required with the Adair's. I'm going to try the Tuners with my rubber tracks here one of these days too, just have to talk myself into taking the Adair's off for a little testing, lol.

RD

+ Reply to Thread