bearings chains and seals

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: bearings chains and seals

bearings chains and seals

I don't have an argo yet but was wondering: How many hours do you normally get out of a set off bearings and chains if they are properly maintained? Also can you buy after market bearings and seals or are they only sold by Argo.

Quote Originally Posted by Thompson Man View Post
    I don't have an argo yet but was wondering: How many hours do you normally get out of a set off bearings and chains if they are properly maintained? Also can you buy after market bearings and seals or are they only sold by Argo.
    Thats kinda like asking whats the best oil to use,lots of different opinions and views on this subject,Argo has from time to time had some of the best bearings you could buy I had great luck with their bearings that came from the U.K,but again it depends on how much you load the vehicle how much use with tracks how much water time,and how much bad mud boggs you travel thru,and of course how often you service them depending on the above mentioned use.I see people replacing bearings with as little as 300 hours and others with twice or three times that time,chain the same keep the grit to a minimum and lube they last for me quite well,but like I say no two people will agree on a set interval for replacement.N.C.T

I agree with Tough, except that I've pooched some bearings at as little as 50 hrs.
    Depending on track time, I typically see 350 to 500 hrs on chains.
    I ride in lots of water and sand, haul heavy loads. Outer bearing contamination can be a problem. Upgrading to the HD bearings can help lots.

RD

+ Reply to Thread