My argo belt

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My argo belt

My argo belt

I bought a new belt for my bf argo but its still loose it has more than one inch of play.
    Is there any way I can adjust it or slide the motor forward please let me know thank u

And is there any kind of upgrades I can do or buy for my clutch

you are probably going to need to cut slots in your engine mount to adjust your engine back and forth, to get proper belt tension, unless your machine already has slots.
    as far as upgrades for your clutch goes, I believe there are different springs you can buy, or a whole new aftermarket clutch unit. Which clutch are you trying to upgrade?

I dont know what clutch it is but it has a big spring in it
    And plastic things with weights in them its not like the kind with
    Springs and rollers

Smile Moving my argo engine forward

Anyone have any pics. Of how they moved there argo engine to tighten there belt

My guess is that you have the wrong belt.
    You would have to pull the engine, Tranny, and Mounting Plate to slot your mounting holes for the engine.
    Another possibility is that you have VERY worn faces on your clutches.

Upgrades for your Clutch? Yes there are. Which Clutch (Primary/Secondary), and what do you want it to differently?

RD

The belt is new from richards its the clutch on the engine its like new I just want it to respond quicker

you need to buy a clutch like jasons. you said it was haulin but when you drove it. thats all we really did to his other than a new belt. save your money....lol im so over my max im ready to burn ther dang thing.... do they even make a clutch like jasons for an argo?

Hi Jacob,

Is it safe to say that we can assume that you know you have the proper belt for your bigfoot and the engine/transmission/clutches are original equipment, cleaned, lubed properly, and in working order?
    (includes governed RPM setting)
    (And, by the way, dirty gunked up clutches would cause this sort of complaint)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob 6x6 View Post
    ... I just want it to respond quicker
    Unfortunately this isn't descriptive enough.
    respond quicker could mean move faster into higher gears or it could mean drop faster into lower gears - these are different.
    Or engage the drive clutch at lower RPM.
    Or engage the drive clutch at higher power. (so the machine "comes off the line" quicker)

If the above assumptions are true, then we just need to tweek your clutching. Do you have access to a tachometer?

My guess as to your complaint, since your argument is that your belt is too long, is that you feel a very narrow RPM band where the clutches engage. So you twist the throttle and it doesn't engage until pretty high RPM. There is a lot of power when it does engage so you don't experience the engine bogging down at engagement. And when you let off of the throttle it disengages too soon; basically, falls out of gear when you least want it to.

Is this about right?

If so, Find Rock Doctor's clutch videos. Pull the drive pulley (the one on the engine) and tell us:
    1. the mass of the flyweights
    2. description of the main spring
    3. whether there are shims with the main spring.
    4. and where you are located (I don't see it just now)

Then, check the parts diagram for your machine and confirm that you have the flyweights you are supposed to.
    And I assume, but don't know, that your drive clutch is an older version of a CVTech powerbloc clutch so you can email the CVTech IBC R&D guys to find out what spring you are supposed to have - or Argo too probably.
    If there are shims, remove them and try it out.

I did make some assumptions and guesses. My hope is that it gives you enough ammunition to better the description of what you want so the group here can get this worked out for you.
    So, if what I said is bunk then stating what I said is bunk helps you.

( im so over my max im ready to burn the dang thing....)
    d max, I felt the same way about my magnum till my brother tuned my clutches up to RD specs. Made a new machine out of it, before the tune up it bogged when I wanted to turn and got the belt hot (very frustrating). Now it works like a champ letting the engine work in a higher rpm range, with a lower ratio on the clutch. The trick is to keep the driven pulley from letting the belt move down the pulley sheeve too soon. Kudos to RD and thanks to moos a boo for finding this forum. I have since sold the magnum( in good conscience) and upgraded to a conquest which is currently getting a makeover and upgraded to HDI outer bearings.

+ Reply to Thread