Pull up your chairs for a hunting story! And a man that loves his Argo called Cartman

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pull up your chairs for a hunting story! And a man that loves his Argo called Cartman

Pull up your chairs for a hunting story! And a man that loves his Argo called Cartman

Hello friends! I hope you pull your chair close to this camp fire under the northern lights. I get so sick and tired of the dark i have to go out and do something crazy now and then. I have met so many friends here on this forum i think that we are all a part of a brother hood now. We laugh and cry together, and cheer and jeer each other on. I dont know about y'll but i like my AATV for getting out back... way out back. What better place to play with it than Alaska?

I was truly blessed to meet a feller with the handle of MightyMT on here. We have became very fast freinds. He rolls with a bunch of solders that are fresh back from Afghanistan. One of his friends "Z" was so inspired by this forum and MT that he felt the need to invest in an Argo. Throwing all caution to the wind, and obeying his most primal instincts Z bought a used argo. 26 HP kawasaki, liquid cooled, super tracks and ice cleats , 6 axels later, and a fiber class top you get Cartmen (I RUN OVER WHAT I WANT) I kept on foolishly thinking that the alder thickets would stop the argo, and i would get out in front. I could see the tree tops on 4 and 5 inch base alders and fir trees being knocked over!!!! Then we started going up and over bever dams. I thought he would become stuck.... Boy, did that open my eyes! Cartmen would just RUN OVER WHAT I WANT!!!!

This Argo was lovingly brought up to speed by 2D Max of Alaska. I have seen a bunch of stuff in my day, but i have never seen any machine work SO WELL with such an inexperineced driver and we had NO real mechanical problems what so ever. My hat is off to 2D Max of Fairbanks, for one guy to be able to work all the kinks out of a VERY used aatv and to get it to perform flawlessly.... WOW.... i hope to be half that good some day....

Any way, Z and his fine friends have poured over maps for the last 9 months looking for a moose hunt in alaska as a distraction from what they were doing, and a place to go try his unproven Argo. Some how, i went ahead and volunteered to follow, just so we had a snow machine to ride out on. Z was able to get a snap shot from the top of his argo at a browsing moose, but no luck. Some where about 30 miles east of Nenana, AK we found out how to get an Argo stuck.... REALLY STUCK.
    un stuck 1.jpglittle stuck.jpg

Two hours later, and an A frame and 2D max walking us through the operation for putting the tracks back on:

little stuck 2.jpgunstuck 2..jpg

A very heart felt thanks to the guys for putting in the time to serve our country!!! It aint up to them when and where, but they came back with high hopes and happy faces!!!

On the second hunt we only had 3 snow machines (Z is out of town). One broke down with a broken shock, how ever we were able to connect with a moose. Nothing is better than working on a big game Animal and watching the northern lights dance for joy!

394085_10100179413296167_5621638_43849561_1813096728_n.jpg
    Last edited by spookum; 02-22-2012 at 05:21 AM. Reason: spelling and grammar lol.

well this tale confirms my suspicions, the amphib fever is contagious! i'm actually a little envious, with all that diversity in game to hunt does anyone even buy meat at the market? i want to see those northern lights someday.
    trevor

I just love a good story with a happy ending... Good on ya Spookum!

How did you get the machine out of that hole?! Awesome pics !

Quote Originally Posted by trevorakm1 View Post
    ... i want to see those northern lights someday.

well this tale confirms my suspicions, the amphib fever is contagious! i'm actually a little envious, with all that diversity in game to hunt does anyone even buy meat at the market? i want to see those northern lights someday.
    trevor
    You have no idea everyone that was on that trip wants an argo now!

@ hog neck this is how we got unstuck ... hope i explained it well enough!

argo extraction.jpg

@trevor, you can either buy a hunting license for 60 bucks and fill your freezer (tags are free) or go pay 4 bucks a pound for ground beef that is imported from the lower 48..... all i know is that the beef up here dont taste like it did down in MT at the grocery store....

and i hope everyone gets to see the norther lights at least once, especialy with good friends while filling the freezer!

trevor
    Not if you're doing it right!

i like that gun rack! do you guys process these critters yourself or send them to the butcher? about how much do you get out a typical moose? great pic.

LOL, looks like a fun trip, someday maybe I could come up there for a visit.

I know I've posted it before, but you or your buddies might not have seen it. I enjoy taking my Conquests hunting with me too:

Nice moose too

RD

+ Reply to Thread