45 miles of trackin it

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 45 miles of trackin it

45 miles of trackin it

wow. had a ball hunting yesterday. took The General on its .75 tracks. not good at all for breaking trail. works better in reverse for that. it would be fine but pops out of low when you need it the most. funny thing is it can follow a snow machine track in high range with 3 people and all kinds of crap. this let me and my son and my friend and his son hunt all day. the boys are 11 and did great. warm all day. my exhaust box is hinged. and cooks a can of soup in a mile. we put 8 hot dogs 2 cans of weiners a can of chili 8 buns and had all the chili dogs you could eat. you can fill it from inside the cab! just reach around the windshield. broke through some ice. it was ok. winched out once. dropped phone in water. other friend rode snow machine. the boys had a ball. no moose but still one of the best days ever doing it father son style in the flats

Sounds like a great trip.
    Any pics of the food heater? I would be interested in something like that.

RD

I am hoping you have some video to go with that!

Photos please of the mobile food kitchen. A nice hot meal while hunting is always a bonus. I envy you for being out there hunting with the kids.....outdoors.... I miss the north country.

Great job MightyMT....a day the boys will remember forever :-)

Tim

Glad to here the general preformed well. How's the cab heater when it's full of food?

I will be a bit before you see pictures of the "Hot Dogger" because I dropped my phone in the river. However, for those of you with a flat-laying intake-exhaust box on your argo, just pop rivet about 4 inches of aluminum hinge to the forward edge of that expanded metal decking piece. Then, on the back edge (the one closest to the windshield) bolt a 2.5" aluminum washer, with a 90 degree bend on the edge of it about .5" in. The end result is that this washer holds the top shut, but when you turn it until the bent portion is parallel to the intake, it is out of the way, and you can open it. It sounds complicated, but it's not. Another 2DMAXALASKA creation from Mark, and a good one!

Funny thing about the trip. When Z got back from taking his argo, he said he got exhaust fumes on the way back, and the argo was not running right, and that his charging system was acting up. I figured he had an exhaust leak, and he went out in low range and came back in high range, and pushed it too hard, and that he ran his winch a lot and that made his battery get weak. Well, the same three problems happened to me, except I don't have an exhaust leak, I went out there and returned in high range, and I barely used my winch, but on the way back my ammeter was bouncing all over, not charging my system well. Long story short, I think the problem is that the tracks ice up. So, the tracks ice up, so the motor works harder, then it puffs black smoke and doesn't atomize fuel well, so the tiny bit of exhuast that gets in through the vents behind the exhaust pipe and sucked back through the firewall is very very rich, and makes people sick. The charging issue, I think, is that heat and electricity don't mix, so the hot engine causes the ammeter in the argo to go wild. This is my theory. I think the fix is, after 4 hours or so of driving super tracks on snow, smack them all over with a hammer to break some ice out of the pins. Thoughts?

+ Reply to Thread