Argo Avenger EFI transmissions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo Avenger EFI transmissions

Argo Avenger EFI transmissions

Can anyone tell me which of the late model transmissions would be best for use at high altitude on snow with tracks. I've heard lots of conflicting information about which would be better... the pre-2010 or the Admiral, and which version, gear ratio, etc.

I don't fully understand the question. High altitude will only effect the fuel delivery system, which with the fuel injection there is no problem. With a carburetor there will need to be adjustments, so fuel injection system will be your best bet.

The transmissions some like the older transmissions and i had one and had no trouble with it at all(2006 Avenger). The Admiral is a very good design and is going to have to prove itself over time, I have a 2011 Avenger and at present getting used to the new transmission. It has performed great so far and has done everything i have asked it to do.

The 2011 has a telescoping shaft out of the transmission where as the 2010 did not and this seems to have stopped the problem that some of the 10's have encountered. I am thinking the low geared transmission will soon be offered in the Admiral either this year if requested or on the 13 models. You can call Argo and confirm this. I use only high range but i do not push a plow, so i can not help there. Low range is for counter rotation and i have only used it once or twice....mostly to see that it works, and it does, but high seems to do the job even with 4 and 5 people on board, even in water.

The 750 EFI with non-Admiral transmission is still available for the 2012 model year. I would think the high torque Admiral transmission would be a great machine with snow tracks.

The high torque Admiral is available now for the 2012 750 HDi.
    Last edited by spankbomb; 02-26-2012 at 10:15 PM.

If you get the older avenger style transmission and plan to use it at high altitude (a lower power environment) you should opt for the 3.3 to 1 gear ratio...it will give the machine a big advantage in terms of torque when compaired to the standard 2.6 to 1 gear ratio. Just to be clear...the increase in torque will make the machine labor less while performing simple maeuvers such as turning...this translates ito a more effortless and fun machine to drive.

The new admiral transmission is superior in terms of offroad performance, especially in snow or swamp where traction is critical...the triple differential provide more traction to the ground by consistantly pulling on both sides when making directional changes...simply going straight forward or straight backwards, there is no difference and both machines will deliver the same performance

You can get the low gear/high torque admiral transmission in a new 2012 HDI.... it is not yet available as an option on the 6x6 650 HD... bummer!

There will be several machines including two new HDI's at the Colorado/Wyoming trip this weekend...one with the standard gear ratio and one with the high torque...if you are anywhere near there you are welcome to meet us at Woods Landing and drive them for yourself.

Let me know if any part of this dosent quite make sense or if you have additional questions we can help you with

Best wishes!

Tim

+ Reply to Thread