Can anyone tell me what year my old 8x8 argo is?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Can anyone tell me what year my old 8x8 argo is?

I would think however it doesn't say on it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by philipatmaxfour View Post
    OK ,so far ,red 18 hp = 1988 or newer Kohler. Just to ask the obvious,since it is not a liquid 20 hp Kawi, it must be a Response, am I right?
    No the models were 8 IC (industrial/commercial) or 8 Magnum back then.NCT

Is there anyway of determining between a 8IC an a Magnum?

This should probably go on a new thread but, is it normal not to have a hand break? I cannot find one on my argo anywhere...If not, is there an easy way to add one? Right now i just have a wedge shaped block of wood to stick behind the steering sticks.

Are the axles splined or do the sprockets have pins in them? The steering levers should have 2 adjustable stops on the bottom to hold them back with the brakes applied. Not a real good system, a wedge of wood is more dependable.

The axles are splined.

I agree with NCT, probably mid 80's to early 90's magnum. Splined axles, hydraulic brakes, although my old 93 magnum had a mesh screen above the exhaust pipe to relieve heat from the muffler. Hope this helps.

When you look at the engine photo you'll notice the ignition coil is externally mounted to the engine. This identifies the engine as a KT17 not a Magnum. KT17 is 12 volt battery ignition with points and condenser. The M18 engine had solid state ignition and was mounted under the fan shroud adjacent to the flywheel magnets. The first Magnum 18 powered vehicles started production in 1985 so yours is older than an 85. Probably between 1981 and 1984. From what I can see hydraulic brakes would have been introduced around 1981. This means you have a "KB" model which identifies it as a Kohler powered 8 wheel I/C model.

Did they make any I/C with 16 HP Tecumseh in them? Good buy by the way

No Tecumseh powered I/C's were manufactured,.......however here's the breakdown of models: Model T = 6 wheel standard
    Model HT = 6 wheel heavy duty
    Model TB = 8 wheel standard
    Model HTB = 8 wheel heavy duty

The difference between the std. and HD models is the HD's used the double wide chain and sprockets.

would Super Tracks for 8 wheel Argo Conquest fit on her?

+ Reply to Thread