Project Bush Machine

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Project Bush Machine

Very nice! Which clutches did you run? Where and how did you mount the radiator? PS I just got a message back from slim pickins . His G10 has 250 hours on it and still runni g strong. It seems that the g10 engines are taking the side load just fine (the side load from the tension on the crank caused by the cvt clutches)

thanks mike and spookum.

Nice to know, i had a thought about the crank, time will say the truth.

I run a snowmobile P85, 12'' center, 35mm offset, with a dayco HPX5013 (3211070). The radiator is mounted front of the engine bolted on the custom hood

Next Week i will test the machine on the trail

You must be an ok guy! I see barley pop in the top left... my favorite brand!!! Any way, i do worry about the lack of the ventaltion on the sides and rear of you home made "hood box". When you feild test it, if it runs hot, just pull the hood off and you will be fine! Looks WAY WAY good! How did you get the nice 90s in the radiator hose?

Looks great.
    It's going to be warm inside that cab. Nice though, wish I had a half cab for mine.

RD

Quote Originally Posted by spookum View Post
    How did you get the nice 90s in the radiator hose?
    Hey spookum.

Well thats some basic 1'' abs barb fitting, seems to hold the temp and pressure is not that big.

The best solution would be any brass or stainless 90 barb - barb 1'' fitting

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    Looks great.
    It's going to be warm inside that cab. Nice though, wish I had a half cab for mine.

RD

HI RD thanks for the reply

Yeah at least i can let doors open and rear window also :P

For what i have ridden yet the radiator fan kicks in only sometime so i guess that is a good start.

Solution for overheat in hood might be installing a fan to blow heat out of the hood and wrapping the inside part of the exhaust. Having dual blower fan for brake cooling helps alot filling the cab with fresh air.

I have tried many things to stop secondary turning when on Neutral, but i think its pretty normal the belt will keep the clutch turning since on neutral there is no resistance. So here is a new part for stopping the secondary clutch when your on neutral and want to shift. A little brake lever with a rubber pad to stop the pulley when shifting from neutral. This will prevent any grinding shift and saves my trans gear in long term.

have a good day everyone, now working on a given honda civic wiper motor to fit on this cab !

hi everyone

i got some update informations for the clutch setup

this setup is pretty good, bunch of torque and the backshift is really fast when you need to turn on hard ground. Can go pretty fast also but its not my need there hehe.

Belt : DAYCO HPX5013

primary clutch : 12 inch center to center, 35mm offset with driven,
    ramp/weight : 10M (49,5 gr)
    primary spring : Polaris 7041132, white, 34-141 lbs

Driven clutch setup

Driven spring : EPI 03-PDS12, 63-125 lbs
    Driven Helix : SLP 40/32, position 1

Argo is running great now ! i've relocated the radiator to the back and upgraded it with an honda civic aluminium type. I also have changed the thermostat for a 180F Now i can run at every temperature and it stays at 190-195 F.

I have 25 hours on it and no big problem yet

Video will come someday lol, i always forget to pick it up when its time to ride..

have a good day

heres one little boring clip lol, more will come !

Argo no mud, - YouTube

some pictures

Radiator relocation

hauling the camp hehe

some pictures hunt 2013 hauling the gear

Last edited by prailleraide; 10-24-2013 at 05:50 PM.

+ Reply to Thread