c6 c7 quadraplegic riding his modified argo

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: c6 c7 quadraplegic riding his modified argo

c6 c7 quadraplegic riding his modified argo

For those that don't know this is my stepson Brandon that i built the handicap accessible argo for.He is a c6 c7 quadraplegic wich means he is paralyzed from his chest down and has limlted use of his hands.I built this argo to give him the ability to go off roading.This thread is to show his progress and some ride videos.

http://youtu.be/6KyyOyNdjjQOther than a test ride this is Brandons first ride to the end of our road and back,About 3 miles.This is his first time ever driving a 6x6 so i think he is learning quickly.
    Last edited by coosaridgerider; 10-07-2012 at 01:18 AM.

Smooth operating job ! Heck of a run too. Most excellent.

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Glad to see he's up and driving, but what's with all that "not with ME in here" when Brandon wanted to take his toy through a little rough stuff?
    DESTRUCTION is just a couple of vowels down the street from DISTRACTION

Thumbs up Larry W

Good for you guys! That's great that he can now enjoy all the fun an AATV brings. Excellent work on the build, and you guys keep having a blast.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by brushcutter View Post
    Glad to see he's up and driving, but what's with all that "not with ME in here" when Brandon wanted to take his toy through a little rough stuff?
    He was joking about going off a 5' embankment.lol

Monoped and jp thanks. You can't tell in the video that his right hand looses grip and he has to let off the throttle and get another grip. I found a piece called a cruise assist that fits on the grip to help him use his palm to hold the throttle in position.

Quote Originally Posted by coosaridgerider View Post
    Monoped and jp thanks. You can't tell in the video that his right hand looses grip and he has to let off the throttle and get another grip. I found a piece called a cruise assist that fits on the grip to help him use his palm to hold the throttle in position.
    Is that cruise assist you mentioned the same thing that they use on a motorcycle to help hold the throttle open on long trips?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Is that cruise assist you mentioned the same thing that they use on a motorcycle to help hold the throttle open on long trips?
    Yes it is.

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Quote Originally Posted by coosaridgerider View Post
    He was joking about going off a 5' embankment.lol
    Oh, only 5'... can't say I blame you then!
    Thinking of the challenges of a total rebuild and modification such as this and the way you selflessly met these challenges just proves to me once again that 6X6 world has the best members of any forum - anywhere! And you are at the TOP of that list!
    DESTRUCTION is just a couple of vowels down the street from DISTRACTION

+ Reply to Thread