battery

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: battery

Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    Thanks for the info. Do you think the battery could slide forward or backward during some rough terrain driving? That is my concern I guess if it is not down into the tray.
    no since I had to literately carve half circle holes in the sides of the case for the rods to sit in. So, its basically locked in place. I will take a better photo today.

here is what I did on both sides of the battery to fit it between the rods. you can't see it here well, but I also used a jig saw and just trimmed off the extra of the battery case "foot plate" that was just sticking out beyond the width of the 6 pack part.

you can also see at the bottom of the battery that its sitting up on top of the tray. I think it will be fine. I'll post here later if it comes loose at all. But I think its worth a shot for 300 extra cranking amps.

I run Optimas in my truck, boat, and RV. I had to replace the yellow top in the engine of my RV after 8 years of hard service. We run a ton of accessories including a TV off of the yellow top and it got worked very hard. I am surprised it lasted as long as it did.

I ended up ordering a D35 Yellow Top today for my Conquest. It is dimensionally the same length as the 51 I have in there now, but is about an 1 1/4" wider. It looks like it has more plastic to trim away on the base than the red top you put in so I am hoping it will fit into the tray. If not I will notch the base like you did. The yellow tops are a start and deep cycle battery and recommended to use when you run a lot of accessories. My Conquest has a heater/defroster, wiper, aux driving lights, rear lights, winch, etc . It has 650 CCA and 98 minutes of reserve. I would like to see a pic of your set up when you get a chance.

Nice job. Looks great to me. That should start your machine nicely. Does your machine have an alternator kit on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebruin View Post
    here is what I did on both sides of the battery to fit it between the rods. you can't see it here well, but I also used a jig saw and just trimmed off the extra of the battery case "foot plate" that was just sticking out beyond the width of the 6 pack part.

you can also see at the bottom of the battery that its sitting up on top of the tray. I think it will be fine. I'll post here later if it comes loose at all. But I think its worth a shot for 300 extra cranking amps.

why not build a bigger tray?the original tray just bolts on.in my old conquest I tacked the new tray on top of the old one.was a real simple fix.

+ Reply to Thread