Ideal rebuild for a 1.0 L geo metro G10? Your .02$ please

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ideal rebuild for a 1.0 L geo metro G10? Your .02$ please

Indefensible-Ignorance-optimistic-???-why-are they junk-?? they dont last here in alaska ---timeing belts break- oil pump- starve fuel system dont like ,mosture dont like the cold much ive worked on many of these , hp to weight... well,,,,,if thats wat u got, is junk that strong of word.....lol....

who owens gm now......lol

should work just fine up here...I don't see why not? Probably a much more durable and dependable engine than what most amphibs are running....

Quote Originally Posted by whitefisher View Post
    Indefensible-Ignorance-optimistic-???-why-are they junk-?? they dont last here in alaska ---timeing belts break- oil pump- starve fuel system dont like ,mosture dont like the cold much ive worked on many of these , hp to weight... well,,,,,if thats wat u got, is junk that strong of word.....lol....
    The 1.0L three-cylinder geo engine makes about 55hp and 58 lbs/ft of torque with a dry weight of around 120-140 pounds. (there are literally hundreds of references out there...) That's not too shabby.

In my opinion, any of the small Japanese engines (Suzuki, Kubota, Honda, Kawasaki, and even (gasp!) the Briggs Vanguard) would make great transplant candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by whitefisher View Post
    who owens gm now......lol
    GM and its shareholders do. The US Government currently holds about 18% of GM stock.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R41978.pdf

I think we'd like to hear from Slimpickin on how his turned out over the long run. And from mad max 500cc if he ever got his built. Anybody else with a G10-powered amphib?

I figured out that i most likely have a bad rod bearing in my metro motor. It could not possibly be because it was seized in a junkyard before i planted it in the Argo right?????

Mr white, if you are any where near fairbanks I would love to lift all your metro parts off of you....

When I repowered the Argo I wanted fuel injection, and more power. The G10 Suzuki/GM engine was the only choice in my price range (300 bucks).... I couldn't find a fuel injected snow mobile for that little!!!

It isn't my place to say, but I did speak with mr slimpickins. He said he has near 250 hours on his G10 and still running strong... Which does make me feel better about the side load the cvt places on the crank bearings. Another thing I would like to add is the experimental aircraft community runs these engines in their ultra light aircraft. They use a belt driven underdrive system to actually power their propeller. This is significant because if the G10 were super susceptible to side load failures from loading the crank THEY WOULD NOT BE IN AIRPLANES!!!

Another thing my searches have turned up is bottom end issues with this engine are rather few and far between. Also, no one does anything to the bottom end of these engines. Unless my research has mislead me, folks that are drag racing geo metros really don't talk about bottom end modifications at all.

Time to get the motor out of the Argo and apart I guess!

There is even a few geo 3cyl engines on small air boats near me. I have not herd any bottom end problems with them.
    My collection: 2) attexes, 1) super swamp fox

Quote Originally Posted by marshgunner View Post
    There is even a few geo 3cyl engines on small air boats near me. I have not herd any bottom end problems with them.

Sweet! Would you mind asking a few of them folks what they did to the bottom ends and how many rpm they are running continuous ( totally ok if it is the inline four cylinder too)

Shrapnel in the bottom of the oil pan

And I have a rebuild thread here:http://geometroforum.com/topic/5141459/1/#new

+ Reply to Thread