Argo repair cost

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Argo repair cost

We need some pictures of these "toasted" parts. I think you are getting hosed on what "needs" replaced vs what just really should be serviced as well as the pricing for parts. I have built machines from trash for $1200 total invested. Do some research and stop calling the dealer. You may need to buy a few parts for your transmission from there, but not much else!!! It sounds like you bought a project, but that can be a good thing if you source your parts correctly. Now calm down and start your research. It can be overwhelming at first, but once you start buying from the right places, you will see how economical a rebuild can be. It can all fall into place if you take the advice of our forum members. They are here to help others who want to get into the hobby in a positive manner. I will admit, the first build is usually the most expensive, but if you take your time both buying and building stuff, it will be quite gratifying and will save you a ton of cash.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Is it popping out of gear? If it is not I'd run the trans the way it is. I'm still not buying the cost of parts. Call Adair Argo for axle parts, and that place out in cololorado..... It has one inner and one outer bearing. 10 dollars each delivers is still only 120 bucks for new bearings... All new hdi axles are spendy at 100 bucks a pop... But that is still only a six hundred dollar deal. If the tires hold air with out tubes, skip new tires and get Adair tracks. Chains: make sure they are double fifty ( I don't know what your machine takes)

http://shop.mobileweb.ebay.com/searc...0&isNewKw=true

There are a few good deals in there. . Look got tsubaki rs50-2 ( that means double strand #50 chain.

Settle down and take a deep breath... No way that Argo is worth 7k in repairs.... Someone is hoseing u buddy! Just find off the shelf parts... Other the trans and a does other people make them.

I bought my 1985 I/C for $1000.

I'll have $1500 in parts in it when the resto / rebuild is done. $600 of that is new tires.

You've got to shop around for parts to get the best price.

Source what can be sourced outside of Argo dealers. Bearings, chains, etc........

Call other dealers. I'm sure one has some old used axles that where left over from an HDI upgrade. If I remember right the front 2 axles are the really long ones with key stock. Get in contact with whipper and see if he can make u 2 with splines + sprockets to go on them. Still be a heck allot cheaper then buying new.

Thanks for all the advise. The parts that were the most expensive were the axles and the transmission. Got the rest from Wajax. Prices up the parts for the transmission ($500) from Argo and then discovered the main shaft was badly warn so I ordered a rebuilt transmission for $1100. The Axles were grooved where the bearings must have been slipping so that is why I got new ones. Couldn't get the sprockets matched up, and had to get them from Argo.
    Think this machine had a hard life. Lots of lessons learned on this one.

+ Reply to Thread