Why buy a winch from Argo that is way, way overpriced?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why buy a winch from Argo that is way, way overpriced?

Years ago I bought one of the forty-nine dollar winches from Harbor Freight, and mounted it o my Recon. The winch wimped out in thick mud. I won't buy another one.
    The winch on my Avenger is a 3500 Ramsey.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRules View Post
    Don't buy those very cheap winches. They work a time or two and then break especially if you are really buried. Warn and Ramsey are certainly the best winches and can be had much cheaper than Argo sells them. You will need Argo's mount but it is reasonably priced. The best place to get a winch package is the same as the best place to get the Argo itself, Adair Argo Sales. Call Tim at 641-740-2752 and he'll get you a winch package with his own custom winch. I think he has 3000 to 4000 pound winches and even a wide spool model with 100 feet of synthetic rope.
    Brandon gives good advice. I got the 4k winch from Adair Argo at a very reasonable price.

well I guess i'm the first to admit it I use harbor freight I think 5000 I move trees and have got my self out of really nasty mud .any winch will die if overrated which is easy to do when you start to figure out how much that stuck machine really weighs

Where can I buy a capstan winch for $550.00?

I usually carry one of these with me....

Hand Crank Winch with Strap | Princess Auto

Never know when you are going to be in the bush somewhere and get stuck and then with my luck the battery will be dead or my winch will break. Have a little plate made that I can bolt on and if worse case can hand crank my way back out the way I went in....May be a little slow but sure beats walking out...
    Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
    —Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread