Argo conquest pulling to the left

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Argo conquest pulling to the left

Argo conquest pulling to the left

My 1999 Argo conquest pulls slightly to the left. I have new chains, sprockets, idler shaft bearings, axle bearings. I measured my tires at 5 PSI as per Argo procedure and matched the tires left to right accordingly. I run a set of supertracks. I have also switched the tracks sides to see if that may be the root cause but no luck with that.
    This past weekend I noticed it will run straight for about 15 feet then drift ever so slightly then straight for another 15 feet. All my chains are in near perfect condition. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

Rotation of the Earth ?
    Sorry, I'll get my coat

Quote Originally Posted by rodp View Post
    Rotation of the Earth ?
    Sorry, I'll get my coat
    Do,s it depend on if you are facing north you go left and south you go right .
    Sorry I will get my coat to. but it,s cold and wet outside.

Now on the serous side. My conquest will sometimes pull to the left them to the right a little depending on the resistance the track has. The track that has the least resistance will travel just a little faster then the other. In doing so it will drift left or right .
    Now this is assuming you do not have brake drag or some other mechanical problem But I think you will find they all drift one way or the other.

Not sure if it is relevant but my Avenger tires need to be 3, 4, 4, and 5 pounds from front to back, based on the tire circumferences.. Are you sure yours need to all be the same? Another thing I was reading on was to lay the tracks out flat and parallel and see if they have a natural curve to one side or the other.. If they do, align them so that they curve towards each other...

I didn't want to speak too soon. But,I would think if all other sources for one side of the machine having less rolling resistance have been addressed,then it's just the good old open diff trans being lazy and putting the power to the side offering the least fight.

Joe.

I took the machine out today without the tracks, made sure the tires were inflated properly and got the same results. I traveled north to south and east to west. No change. Lol. My next step will be to remove my chains to check each axle for resistance. Thanks for the suggestions and please keep em comming

Dave

mine has always pulled to the left as well. I have tried tire pressure etc. I thought my idler chains might not be equal tension so i tried that also.
    I've learned to live with it
    2003 Argo Conquest
    Wasilla, Alaska

Have you checked the brakes? Brake failure due to rust can also cause this problem.

Have to agree with Joe. I think it is just the way diffs work. if that was not how it steered , just powered, as in a car, you would not even notice as it switched sides as you went down the road. If not for this transfer feature you would not be able to turn a normal vehicle. It would want to push you straight ahead in corners.
    Brian in B.C. Canada

It's the nature of the trans., we all pull the right stick constantly on long straight runs. Unless you've got an Admiral.

+ Reply to Thread