Which replacement tire

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which replacement tire

Which replacement tire

Hi I have an 09 avenger 750 with tracks which tire would be the best replacement.i almost always have the track on.i really like the look of the new argo tires but the price tag is steep.i seem to have trouble keeping these inflated.when I take tracks off and tires to shop they never find leaks.tks in advance.Robin

What kind of tracks are you running? And do you run the tracks all the time?

Have you told the tire shop your normal air pressure? Bead leaks show up more when at operating pressure, 20 psi can seal a bead that leaks at 3-5 psi. I have heard nitrogen is more stable in temperature variants, but you'll want to find those leaks first.
    Debeading the tires and cleaning the tire bead and rim may stop your leaks if that is wear they are from, also next time you go to the tire shop draw or rub a line around where your track keepers ride as they can leak from that area of the sidewall also.

I always always always had flat/low tires for a number of reasons. Then I was convinced to try Tire Slime......
    No more leaks, it works so well that I've started getting complacent about checking my pressures before I ride.

I've heard the same as Argojim about the Nitrogen being more stable. The size of a N2 molecule is also much greater than an oxygen molecule, requiring a larger hole to escape from, but I'm not sold on paying the extra money to get pure N2. After all, the air we breath every day is almost 80% N2 and about 20% oxygen. So, in theory, if you can keep N2 in your tires, then at worst, you should only loose 20% of you pressure if you leak the oxygen. Top it up once, and you should only loose 20% of 20%............ Ect.

RD

I'll have to try slime in my tires. I looked into filling my tires with nitrogen but none of the places I checked could do it. They said their machine couldn't go that low of a pressure.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

I'll have to try that slime stuff as well.The nitrogen is what I use all the time as I have it my work truck.i know it works great in vehicle tires especially here in northern AB when we get crazy temp swings.I run factory arg rubber tracks and always blamed it on the way the front tires sit.On another note I'm up in RD neck of the woods working at a gas plant.They have a 2010 HDI here with get this 5671 MILES and 1640 hrs on the clock.No wonder he is so knowledgeable about Argos.These guys live in these things.When I tell these guys I have an argo for fun they look at me funny. tks for all info Robin

+ Reply to Thread