Excellent day

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Excellent day

Quote Originally Posted by deerchaser View Post
    Well that is good to hear that it goes through the snow ok, there must be close to three feet out there and it still is coming down. I was out by burnstick lake around Dec.11/13 and we could not go anywhere with chain up quads. You will have to post some pictures of it in the snow.
    If I think of it I'll take a few. No video camera other than on my iPhone tho.

Camo side up, Rubber side down!!
    2014 Argo 750HDI SE
    2008 Honda Rubicon, Camo
    2008 Jeep Rubicon, Black, 2 door, 6sp, 2 Warn winches.

That sounds good, like I said I have being sitting on the fence about getting one ,if you don't mind me asking ,where did you get yours? I like the idea of having the extra room for hunting and or fishing equipment, I like the way you set yours up ,the led lighting is great and the custom light switches get my vote. Any future plans for a heater or soft top or cab ??

That sounds good, like I said I have being sitting on the fence about getting one ,if you don't mind me asking ,where did you get yours? I like the idea of having the extra room for hunting and or fishing equipment, I like the way you set yours up ,the led lighting is great and the custom light switches get my vote. Any future plans for a heater or soft top or cab ??
    Gateway in rocky. Argyll in Edmonton may be a better choice for buying, they are the western Canadian distributed. They set the price and it don't matter where you go in Alberta the price is the same. Financing may be different from different dealers, I don't know, I never asked so where you buy will take a bit of homework and maybe a few phone calls. When I bought this one they offered between 3 and 10 years and payments as low as $130 biweekly or even less depending on what machine you want to get. I don't think ill do a cab and heater, still undecided. It will make the machine higher and be a bit restrictive but this time of year it would be nice at times!

2014 Argo 750HDI SE
    2008 Honda Rubicon, Camo

A couple more good days!!

January 10/14 ride.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0xnKh6IkeIY (same as I posted on another thread)

January 11

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=c...&v=n_F_EXY7XQQ

Don't know how or why 2 pictures are upside down??
    Attached Images
    Last edited by 2014SE; 01-12-2014 at 12:26 AM.

2014 Argo 750HDI SE
    2008 Honda Rubicon, Camo

How are you liking those suspension seats. Is it a little tight with two adults in them? Love the machine

Quote Originally Posted by radar View Post
    How are you liking those suspension seats. Is it a little tight with two adults in them? Love the machine
    Their great!! It's not to bad with me and my wife, she's small (when she's not in a double insulated snow suit).

Looks like you had another great day out riding on the cutlines.So far how do you like your set up? Would you change anything like clutching or gearing? By the sound from the video it seems like it runs down the cutline through the snow with ease. Well keep the videos coming .

Looks like you had another great day out riding on the cutlines.So far how do you like your set up? Would you change anything like clutching or gearing? By the sound from the video it seems like it runs down the cutline through the snow with ease. Well keep the videos coming .
    Thanks, as you can see in the powder snow we have here this year it's rubbing bottom all the way!! Average about 3' in the Caroline and Burnt Stick lake areia. I really like the machine. Argo has a 6.4 tranny coming and will change it out at no charge to me (they installed a high torque 8.4 what I didn't want or ask for so their going to change it out) it is slower and does reeve out more than I like so want the low torque, higher geared tranny. I'm also going to try a set of 275 gram weights in the clutch. It comes stock with 240gr weights and after checking things out I discovered they use the same clutch in their XTI/XTD. The XTI has the exact same motor, tranny and clutch but the tranny is geared with a 7.3 ratio. The XTD (diesel) has the same 7.3 admiral tranny and clutch but has 275 gram weights. I got a set of the 275's on the way and will try them. As you probably already know the heavier weight will open the clutch faster and give you more speed faster and help keep the engine reeves down. If that don't work out and I have lack of power issues I can put the stock weights back and I'm only out maybe $100. (I didn't ask what they cost I just ordered) NOTE TO ANYONE ORDERING A NEW ARGO IN WESTERN CANADA. If you want a low torque standard 6.4 tranny they consider that a option!! But only the Argos bought in this area and bought or ordered through the western Canada distributed in Edmonton, in the rest of the world high torque is the option. The dealer in Rocky Mountain House was supposed to tell me and every buyer, Edmonton orders all their Argos with a high torque tranny unless the customer wants the standard. The vast majority of Argos are sold in Alberta and are rental units or used in the oil field or seismic, exploration so they think every one is going to buy their optional 4 man ROPS, rubber tracks and a cab then haul 1200 pounds of grear, chain saw, equipment and tools all the time. I don't quite understand the logic, even their XTI what is a bigger and heavier machine with the same engine and clutch comes with the same admiral tranny but is geared with a 7.3 ratio and they don't even offer the option for a high torque tranny! With a bigger heavier machine! I know every one has their opinion about gearing in a AATV and it's your choice and none of my business what you want to do or use it for so choose accordingly if you do want to buy a new Argo. I just thought I'd bring it up so if you do go looking, be aware that the stock floor models are going to most likely have high torque 8.4 trannys. Other than the tranny and wanting to tweak the clutch I REALLY like the machine and if you watched the video when I climbed over the log deck you know why I ordered Escargo tracks with thin steel grousers. Even the steep snow banks the grader piled up next to the road 6-8' high, didn't even spin the track, just straight up and over. I don't think rubber or wide UHMW grousers can grip frozen wood or snow like that and the same with frozen ground. One of my deciding factors for buying Escargo tracks was I seen a video on YouTube, something like "Escargo VS all UHMW tracks" and after trying to get up a frozen bank with UHMW repeatedly he put on Escargo's and made it, I think it was the same machine but don't remember. Theirs dozens of videos, articles and on this site, threads on tracks and it seams price is understandably a big factor. Theirs advantages and disadvantages to your choice of tracks, gear ratios and various other options you can chose from and their is no one "Right" do all, what you choose and want is your own choice and no ones business but your own. If you buy one you'll like it and wish you had it years ago!!
    Last edited by 2014SE; 01-12-2014 at 11:50 AM.

2014 Argo 750HDI SE
    2008 Honda Rubicon, Camo

2014SE- I made that video just to show the difference. You're probably tired of hearing me say it, unless you like driving your machine essentially "with the brake on at all times" you need to disconnect your center hubs. Your center axles carry most of the weight in your machine (end axles are elevated in the frame). The centers have to try really hard to slip with your tires. (they still do..but). If your even considering clutching changes, gearing changes, or want faster speeds, you really need to see how your machine should (and will) perform differently (speed and otherwise) when you disconnect your center hubs with your escargo track. Please trust me. And I like escargo tracks probably more than anybody. I'm probably pissing in the wind....

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    2014SE- I made that video just to show the difference. You're probably tired of hearing me say it, unless you like driving your machine essentially "with the brake on at all times" you need to disconnect your center hubs. Your center axles carry most of the weight in your machine (end axles are elevated in the frame). The centers have to try really hard to slip with your tires. (they still do..but). If your even considering clutching changes, gearing changes, or want faster speeds, you really need to see how your machine should (and will) perform differently (speed and otherwise) when you disconnect your center hubs with your escargo track. Please trust me. And I like escargo tracks probably more than anybody. I'm probably pissing in the wind....
    That was a great video. I can't use track tuners and don't want them. My tracks require 3" spacers, theirs only about 3/4' of space between the tub and the inside of the track. Track tuners are 2 1/2" and he don't intend to make wider ones, I called and asked. They are mig welded and welding C1045 shaft with mig is not a reliable weld, They need to be welded with 70/18 or tig for that higher carbon shaft. I'm a welder and know a few things about welding dig rent materials.

2014 Argo 750HDI SE
    2008 Honda Rubicon, Camo

+ Reply to Thread