2007 Argo Frontier Winch Problem

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2007 Argo Frontier Winch Problem

2007 Argo Frontier Winch Problem

I'm having intermittent problems with a 622-100 Warn winch hookup on my 2007 Argo Frontier 650. When I hit the toggle switch for the winch, I can hear a clicking noise under the hood but there is no winch movement. I replaced the connector/reversing box years ago and the problem went away for a while but is back. Any ideas? Can't believe I have two bad winch electric connector boxes. Could the circuit breaker that comes off this box cause this problem?

I am sure you have already done this , but have you double checked that all the connection are tight on the terminals..... if you have any crimped slices , check to make sure that they have not corroded/ burned off and or broken ... unless you use your winch a lot I am thinking that you may find a loose or poor connection on the power side to the winch , that is the wires from the battery to the winch and relay, contacts on the relay will burn out if there is poor connection over time due to the added current draw and heat. , where you are hearing a click I have to think you are getting the relay to work fully and that contact is make ... if all looks good , the only other thing I can suggest is to get a volt meter / multimeter and check your circuit from point to point for voltage , if you have to check for connection with the ohm meter function of multimeter , be sure to disconnect all power from the winch and it's control circuits at the battery or you could release the factory installed smoke from your multimeter .. Good Luck
    bg

Connection check

Yeah - I'm heading out to the garage now with tools and a flashlight to check as many of the connections as I can find. This is an annoying problem. I have had to manually use a ratchet strap to raise/lower the snow plow blade while clearing our neighborhood this year. Thanks for your thoughts.

All of the winch wiring contact connections are in good shape. The Contactor, Reversing Monoblock (part 622-38) seems to be the heart of the winch electrical wiring . Hard to believe I need to replace this part yet again. Almost has to be the problem.

+ Reply to Thread